Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I had these two last night, absolutely lovely, and that's the box all gone now. 😊🍻

stephec

Legendary Member
The Christmas eve one is a porter and there's been two already, but yes it's quite IPA heavy, that's the current fashion now though isn't it, hop heavy everything.
My box has been broken down already too, just the porter to leave out for "Father Christmas" and a Tripel Karmeliet in the fridge for Dad. 😊
It's a shame really, being the time of year that it is we could have had a few more dark ones in there.

Normally I have to go over to Germany once a year for work, and it's always nice if you go around November/December time as there's Bock to be had in most bars

mpemburn

I generally like the beer that’s in my glass, though I prefer stout and avoid Belgian. At the top of the stout list is Guinness consumed in Ireland. It’s only okay by the time it gets to Maryland. I haven’t had any local stouts that rang my bell.

figbat

Slippery scientist
This is the first beer I remember pouring down the sink. The smell was of chocolate and porter, which the taste followed through with but the sour overtaste was one reminiscent of butyric acid, as found in Hershey’s chocolate, rancid butter and vomit. One mouthful was enough, the rest was disposed of.
A5B57D50-EC73-4CD6-B0B9-B2AC43278FFF.jpeg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
A few bottle-conditioned Wye Valley HPA and St Austell Proper Jobs at home, plus some Thornbridge Jaipur IPA's when drinking in 'spoons. More Jaipurs and Mauldons Black Adder Stouts are planned for later today, so long as they haven't run out!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Last night's stout was a 13.5% barrel aged milk stout, one called Helter Skelter with orange and oak. Siren have a thing about using the flavours of different woods in their beers. I'm waiting for their lager and lime tree recipe.... Anyhow, it probably said what kind of barrel it was, but definitely spirit. I'd guess bourbon.

And here's tonight's stout:
Northern Monk, cacao, cinnamon and vanilla.

(If you're having difficulty reading the can, you've probably had one too many.)

stephec

Legendary Member
Now when it comes to winning world wars the Germans might not exactly be top of the class, but when it comes to beer they're right up there, so whenever I'm in Morrison's I always pick up some of these.

When it's possible to produce stuff of this quality why do British brewers think it's acceptable to inflict crap like Carling and Fosters on their home market?

Top Bottom