Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Ah, an old friend that I've not seen for a few years.

IMG_20221014_200550.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tomato, basil, salt and pepper Gose. It's a canteen classic!
IMG_20221014_213800563.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Right, I'm in beer trip mode. Every now and again I take off for a couple of nights b&b or hotel and try a few taprooms. I've done Deya and Verdant, Leeds, Sheffield, York, Manchester, Bristol. Any suggestions for somewhere new?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What about a European trip?
I'd like to do that but I've probably missed my chance for this year. I have to keep within reasonably rapid reach of my mother who needs care so trips are a bit of a dart. Anyhow, I just booked a hotel in Leeds for tomorrow night so Northern Monk and North will be on the beer list. I must get some Kirkstall Brewery beer tasted while I'm there.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'd like to do that but I've probably missed my chance for this year. I have to keep within reasonably rapid reach of my mother who needs care so trips are a bit of a dart. Anyhow, I just booked a hotel in Leeds for tomorrow night so Northern Monk and North will be on the beer list. I must get some Kirkstall Brewery beer tasted while I'm there.
They had some of the Kirkstall beers on tap at the Brudenell Social Club when I was up there earlier in the year - I think it was the Dissolution and Providence that I tried and enjoyed. Walked past the brewery on the way to and from the hotel.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well, I got to Kirkstall Brewery and enjoyed a rather good Dissolution this afternoon. I was surprised to see that they had a cask Sierra Nevada Chinook Pale as a guest beer. I've only ever drunk Sierra Nevada from the keg before. I had to let it pass otherwise I'd never have got back into town.

Top Bottom