Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've been working in Glasgow today so as is the tradition I called in Tesco at Lockerbie on the way home for a bit of 7.5% Williams Bros loveliness.

IMG_20221216_224431.jpg

albal

Guru
It looks like Solway Society (they have a strong Belgian influence in their brewing) are going into administration along with the Wild Beer company. Hard times for some of our more innovative crafties.:sad:

Plus a few more...
Kelham Island (Brand for Pale Rider now owned by new company including Thornbridge)

Beatnikz

Swan

Woods

Cheshire Brewhouse

Brumaison

Worsthorne

Exe Valley

Fallen

Three Castles

Crafty Beers

Coul Brewing

Trumans

CTZN (formerly Kew)

Enfield

Old Kent Road

Bad Co

Mouselow Farm

Five Towns

Errant Brewery

Constellation Brewery

Nomadic Beers

Jeffersons

Prospect

Mighty Medicine

Jennings

Hop & Stagger

Skinners

Old Dairy – Administrators appointed

Steel Brew Co

Frisky Bear

1 More than 2

Framework

West End

Beat Brewery

Box Steam Brewery

Three Sods

George Wright Brewery

Chapeau Brewery

Rock Mill

Ride Brew Co

Caledonian

Strathaven Ales

Weal Ales

Dark Star

Top Out Brewery – end of year

Canopy – end of year

Wild Beer Co – Adminstrators appointed

Twisted Wheel

Yeovil Ales

Withnell’s Brewery

Avid brewery

Tapestry

Tyne Bank – Bought out of Administration

Slaters – end of year

Solvay Society

Burton Town Brewery

Treboom Brewery – new owners relocating to Wales

Hop Studio
Shame about West end. Great pint this.

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_1936308.jpg
    IMG_20210930_1936308.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Happy Christmas, a session cask pale by Cloudwater. It's got a slight taste of cranberry.
View attachment 672007

Very nice looking beer. Happy Christmas DM!

stephec

Legendary Member
Maybe once a week I'll have either/both a Double Punk, or Mr President, from Brewdog.

Yesterday I goes into Tesco to find out that they've gone up from £3.50 to £4.00 a can. They were already at the limit of what I'd pay but that's definitely the straw that broke the camel's back. Just out of interest I went onto Brewdog's own website and they have changed their prices, still the same £3.75.

I'm working up there in a few weeks, I'll have to see if they have a staff shop.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Spent Christmas in Leeds visiting our daughter. We stayed at a Samuel Smiths pub, the Eagle Tavern. Literally two minutes walk from the pub was the Tartarus micro brewery. Lovely choice of beers, most were very strong, I limited myself to 1/2 or 2/3rds, started with a 6% and worked my way up via a 12% to finish on a 17% 😮
The next mornings parkrun was a bit of a challenge…

638F39B4-2690-4EC9-8152-01EF6215C338.jpeg

stephec

Legendary Member
I emailed Brewdog last week to ask why I'd not seen Jackhammer for a long time, and their reply was that they didn't know when/if it would be coming back.

They told me that this was very similar though, and to be fair I didn't believe them but actually it's rather good, not quite up to the standard of my all time favourite but a good substitute.

IMG_20230114_080612.jpg

Top Bottom