Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Thanks I'll be paying them a visit... 🍺

I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit. Looking at the website, the paper menu they have on the bar must only be a representative sample. About 100 on paper, but over 2000 different bottles according to the web.
My two regulars in there are Delirium Tremens and Tripel Karmeliet, they're both similar tripel styles, but there is something to suit everyone. Just be careful on your way home, a few of those and you'll be sideways walking and seeing dubbel or tripel. 😄

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
.... you'll be sideways walking and seeing dubbel or tripel. 😄

And that way lies...
https://brewcavern.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/siren_trubbel.jpg

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit. Looking at the website, the paper menu they have on the bar must only be a representative sample. About 100 on paper, but over 2000 different bottles according to the web.
My two regulars in there are Delirium Tremens and Tripel Karmeliet, they're both similar tripel styles, but there is something to suit everyone. Just be careful on your way home, a few of those and you'll be sideways walking and seeing dubbel or tripel. 😄

I normally stay in Mechelen, halfway between Brussels & Antwerp.

This is a good brewery and has the added bonus of a hotel attached.

https://www.hetanker.be/nl

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Thanks I'll be paying them a visit... 🍺

Delerium is fine, but often gets full of pissed up tourists. I think there are nicer places to hang out in Brussels. Brasserie de la Senne and Brasserie de la Source are walkable from Noord, have great beer and a more relaxed vibe. The two Moeder Lambik places have great beer selections. Cantillon is 5 min walk from Midi and serves the best beer in the world. Brussels Beer Project in Dansaert is pretty hip.

Gunk

Guru
C193BA80-46C9-46D5-B46A-8EB92357700A.jpeg

A bit average, won’t be buying it again. But glad I tried it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This one's a bit like a coffee Guinness. Pool-Parti. A little odd but it'll cover for the absence of pancakes
IMG_20230221_193833166.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
After saying I don't like hazy I couldn't resist giving this one a go, I wish I'd not bothered now.

Unlike the Punk that smashes you in the face with the extra flavour and alcohol the hazy doesn't really taste much different to the standard Hazy Jane.

IMG_20230225_205601.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
I think Brewdog is my least favourite IPA for some reason. Reminds me of that wierd Stella taste.

Double Punk is lovely, I also like Mr President but now that it's gone to £4.00 a can it's the straw that broke the camel's back pricewise.

One of my all time favourites was Brewdog's Jackhammer, I'd not seen it for ages though so emailed them to ask where it was, there answer was that they were producing it any more unfortunately.

Top Bottom