Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 681964

Marble Mild. Pretty decent ask ale.

My nearest craft beer pub had a Manchester tap takeover a couple of weeks ago. They didn't do the mild on cask but they did do their Pint, which came out very nicely. It's a decent brewery that tends to get forgotten amidst the Manchester bigger brewers.

Intrigued to see cask beers available in Belgium, assuming that's where you were. How hard is cask to come by? There's a bit of a turning of the circle at the moment here and cask beers are becoming more and more widely available. There also seems to be a bit of a return to almost classic bitters.

I was in Leeds earlier this week and had a quick chat with the manager at North Brewing's central Leeds tap. She said they wanted to put a couple of cask lines in but they said that they couldn't do it with their current set up. Of course, they could but they'd probably need to pay for sorting out a cask cellar with its own separate temperature control.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
I was actually at Waterloo Tap in London. They had six cask ales on and maybe a dozen beers on keg. The mild was lovely!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Monk's Syrup Stack, described as a Canadian Breakfast Stout. Slightly bitter barley juggling with maple syrup. Good lingering maple taste

IMG_20230325_201226889_HDR.jpg

Spartak