Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
My latest acquisitions from Quality Save.

I had a couple of the 49p Goose Island last night and it was a bit bland.

Tonight it's the 99p Engine Oil, lovely flavour but very deceptive, it doesn't taste like 6% and goes down very easily.

IMG_20230413_213433.jpg

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Desert island beer!

IMG_20230404_183418.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
I spent the afternoon at the Siren Craft brewery and tap yard yesterday - and what a great time it was! A tour of the brewery accompanied by 5 thirds of beer of your choice from the taproom, and then just hanging out at the tap yard for a while - which was quite busy given the decent weather. Popped over the road to the adjacent but much smaller Elusive Brewery too for a quick one in their taproom.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the beer I had, particularly Siren’s Soundwave IPA - I did try a sip of one I’m glad I didn’t commit to - the Pompelmocello; a very sour grapefruit sour.

The tour was quite interesting too - I’ve done a few so am familiar with the overall brewing process but it’s good to see how different places do it differently, and this is the first one I’ve been to where they had a barrel aging warehouse.
IMG_4291.jpeg

Overall, a good afternoon out with my cycling mates.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I spent the afternoon at the Siren Craft brewery and tap yard yesterday - and what a great time it was! A tour of the brewery accompanied by 5 thirds of beer of your choice from the taproom, and then just hanging out at the tap yard for a while - which was quite busy given the decent weather. Popped over the road to the adjacent but much smaller Elusive Brewery too for a quick one in their taproom.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the beer I had, particularly Siren’s Soundwave IPA - I did try a sip of one I’m glad I didn’t commit to - the Pompelmocello; a very sour grapefruit sour.

The tour was quite interesting too - I’ve done a few so am familiar with the overall brewing process but it’s good to see how different places do it differently, and this is the first one I’ve been to where they had a barrel aging warehouse.
View attachment 685755
Overall, a good afternoon out with my cycling mates.

I think that Pompelmocello has got more and more sour as it has evolved. I'm sure it started out as a fruited IPA. Their Castilian Lemon seems to have gone in the same direction.

Did you get to taste any of their barrel aged beers? They're rather good.

figbat

Slippery scientist
The 11.1% CCC is actually barrel aged. They didn't do the usual 4 beer selection this year but they did just release this.
View attachment 685773

Ah! In which case I had a sip of one and it was lovely for what it is.

Top Bottom