Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Rhythm Thief said:
I've just drunk a bottle of ten year old Thomas Hardy's Ale by Eldridge Pope. Delicious, and at 12% alcohol it's gone straight to my head.:biggrin:
I had a bottle of that. Meant to lay it down for a decade or two but, er, needs must...
It was a bit young, very sweet and a bit syrupy. I wish I'd waited.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Being in Canadia, I have been drinking Sleeman's this week, which is good for a North American brew, oh, and the local Dragon's Breath Pale Ale in the Kingston Brew Pub.

mondobongo

Über Member
Been off the lager just recently instant heartburn whatever I drank. This weekend however I have been enjoying Sainsbury's Munich Style Oktoberfest bier and its on special as well.

:ohmy: No, I used to collect bottle conditioned beers (I still have 70 or so, although most will shortly be finding a new home with Lord of the Teapot, with any luck). The Thomas Hardy ales are about the only ones that are still drinkable.

simonali

Guru
I drank 4 gottles o' geer last night with no dinner. I had a Wychcraft, a Bateman's Combined Harvest, A Theakston's XB and an Old Peculier.

I have now gotten up and realised I didn't put the wheelie bin out and the fortnightly collection has been and gone. This now means a trip to the local tip with the contents of the bin or a bollocking when she gets home Friday!

U

User169

NickM said:
...and there is only one Orval. I had a bottle with my cheese on toast yesterday :evil:

If you like it you might also like De Ranke XX Bitter. We do, anyway - they don't come any hoppier.

I saw a TV cookery show recently in which a recipe for a wild boar stew seemed to involve the use of an entire crate of Orval!

I've seen you mention the De Ranke before, but haven't managed to track it down yet.

Tried these two yesterday (both from small Dutch breweries, but made with Belgian styles in mind)..

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/489/1405

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/552/24309/?ba=belgbeerdrinker

Both are worth a try if you see them.

Top Bottom