Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
Brock said:
...I live closer to the continent than London, but thankfully I need to go to neither for good beer. :becool:
Strewth, you'd be lucky to find anything worth drinking in London. The place is a bloody desert :angry:

...he said, typing from SE10

Brock

NickM said:
Strewth, you'd be lucky to find anything worth drinking in London. The place is a bloody desert :becool:

...he said, typing from SE10

Had a couple of decent pints of Landlord in 'The Wellington' on the Strand whilst watching the bike couriers and fashion fixers passing the window. We were waiting to go to the theatre, but I could've quite happily stayed and had a few more.

Brock

spandex said:
Lisa ive just found a bottle of chardonnay do you fancy shearing?

Now there's an offer I bet you don't get very often. I've got some good clippers though if you like. :becool:

Globalti

Legendary Member
With genuine beer (as opposed to pasteurised cooking lager or keg "bitter") the freshness is important. I met a pal for a pint at a new pub recently; I was late so he got a pint from an old barrel and I got one from a fresh barrel; the difference was remarkable. Tasting that, I realised how many stale pints I've been served in my life. You need to find a pub with a good turnover of beer, i.e. a pub that takes its beer seriously and has the beer-drinking clientele to match. For Lancashire residents you can't beat the Robin Hood Inn in Helmshore, next to the textile museums. Now owned by Copper Dragon brewery from Skipton so a good pint is guaranteed.

I've just drunk a bottle of ten year old Thomas Hardy's Ale by Eldridge Pope. Delicious, and at 12% alcohol it's gone straight to my head.;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Having spent more of my life outside the UK rather than inside I have to say that cold lager type beer is my favorite........................now I'm a condemned man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U

User169

A raid on the offie this weekend yielded a selection of:

Orval
Rochefort 8
Witkap Pater Tripel
Gouden Carolus Tripel
Judas
Columbus (Brouwerij het Ij)
Struis (Brouwerij het Ij)
Brand Imperator

The Judas was the biggest disappointment - stick to Duvel.

The Struis from 't Ij was excellent - although the amount of debris in the glass was a bit alarming.

Then, of course, there is Orval....

Top Bottom