Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

NickM said:
I'd have to consider moving to Sunderland, if only it wasn't so far from Belgium!

Oh, and Chuffy: Otter Bitter. What do you reckon? It was one of my all-time great pints. Taste buds were singing that day...

This is in Sunderland, if you ever consider putting into action your plan to retrain as a brewer. I'm going to do one of their courses later in the year.

Here's a suggestion for some beer to try if you're ever in NL.

NickM

Veteran
I fear it is more a fantasy than a Plan, DP...

However, my forthcoming visit to Amsterdam for Cyclevision is most certainly for real, so I'll be sure to sample your suggested brew - cheers! :blush:

Brock

NickM said:
Having spent a lifetime cycling, walking and using public transport to get around, I have every intention of continuing to use my carbon ration developing my knowledge of a splendidly bonkers country and its panoply of first-class beers! So there!!

Do we get a carbon ration to use guilt free then?
Actually I only brought up the carbon footprint thing as a handy bolster to my tenuous argument, I'm not really bothered about that. I do think it's a shame you paint such a negative picture of British ale though, there's loads of pubs within cycling distance of me that serve a consistently good pint, and two huge yearly beer festivals which always sell out and offer the chance to sample upwards of 200 British ales each time. I do think ale has seen a bit of a resurgence in recent years and I very rarely get served a bad pint these days. Even when I do get something that's past its best, it's not difficult to ask for exchange or a refund, and taking a sparkler off takes about 3 seconds.
I live closer to the continent than London, but thankfully I need to go to neither for good beer. :blush:

Norv

Night Train said:
Pint of Magners please.

No you wont, that's cider not beer!

Norv

Enough cynicism, i'll have a nice pint of Cornish Doombar please Barman! Or maybe because of the warm weather, i'll have a bottle of Peroni from the fridge!

fuzzymum1

Chuffy said:
It was some years ago, it was bottled and came from a tiny craft brewery. I got it from a wine merchants/beer shop in Leamington. Sadly I can't remember the brewery.

If you can remember where you got it from I could be persuaded to try and obtain some if it's still available and bring it with us when we head your way at the end of the month, assuming we're still on for bacon butties?

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
fuzzymum1 said:
If you can remember where you got it from I could be persuaded to try and obtain some if it's still available and bring it with us when we head your way at the end of the month, assuming we're still on for bacon butties?
Last available about ten years ago and they only had it in for about a week...xx(
Bacon butties are good to go though. xx(

fuzzymum1

Chuffy said:
Last available about ten years ago and they only had it in for about a week...xx(
Bacon butties are good to go though. xx(

Shame about the beer, looking foward to butties:tongue:

Top Bottom