Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
Chuffy said:
NickM - If you haven't, then you ought to. Absolute nectar.
I have! I like it :rolleyes:

We went to Westvleteren on January 11th to attempt purchase. It was closed for annual holidays until January 14th :rolleyes:

Brock

Hops don't need to be native for the beer to be local.
Saxon brew sounds interesting, where did you come by that?

NickM

Veteran
Brock said:
You don't use pubs anymore? Plenty of fine British ales available in bottles.

And I drink them from time to time; but if you're drinking bottled beer it might as well be Belgian, if you're close enough to that country to buy your beer there. Worthwhile beer is ludicrously over-priced in Britain. Get enough in Belgium, and a highly enjoyable day out pays for itself ;)

Chuffy: Cervesia? One I keep an eye out for, but haven't tracked down so far...

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Brock said:
Hops don't need to be native for the beer to be local.
Saxon brew sounds interesting, where did you come by that?
It was some years ago, it was bottled and came from a tiny craft brewery. I got it from a wine merchants/beer shop in Leamington. Sadly I can't remember the brewery.

Brock

NickM said:
And I drink them from time to time; but if you're drinking bottled beer it might as well be Belgian, if you're close enough to that country to buy your beer there. Worthwhile beer is ludicrously over-priced in Britain. Get enough in Belgium, and a highly enjoyable day out pays for itself :ohmy:

Oh that's right.. bloat your carbon footprint for the sake of some frothy characterless continental nonsense and your own stingey wallet at the expense of support for our own fantastically diverse and flavoursome independent beers from brewers throughout the country in competition with multinational lager producers desperate to crush choice and feed our youth easy drinking high strength fizzpizz....

Mind you, the mrs really likes those Belgian fruit beers, they taste like a Heineken with some Ribena in to me, but 'ninkeberry' is a favourite xx(

Tragic.

Top Bottom