Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bateman’s side of the saga for balance...

https://www.bateman.co.uk/yella-belly-gold-facts/

I’m going with Bateman’s on this one.

Omnipollo’s beers are horrible in any event and the text on the KKK beer basically says if you don’t like the beer you’re a racist. Kinda put me off Buxton.

Yellow Belly Sundae is lush.

Had one of the current Yellow Bellies on launch day and for a beer that blew me away a couple of years ago it seemed pretty ordinary now.

cS06NOlGYNGrD8rXFJN7rWchxk1oHLlrtWgcc0Bfa36mDzbzfOo_DjJ6FD2zrhx7CSaAYp9qHoOX7HXmz_=w823-h1097-no.jpg

This beauty is Cloudwater - "To Me"

Dark wine barrel aged sour with chuckleberries (there's another beer called "To You")

Heartily recommended.

And those clever people at Pomona Brewery have released some sharers of barrel aged impy stout; a marsala wine one and two whisky ones.

At a bottle share we had the wine one but it was the last bottle of the evening and the best. It was ace.

"If I Only Had The Guts"

qzdABYNU9uNS1GBxV-AQ9QBkBM2N_WJsMIk6RVPgkngEMbjW09L8lMQsY59gYMkv1_GpK1oz1-mL6AxkI8=w618-h1097-no.jpg

Pomona Gaz was in the boozer last night and told us to look out for the release of a white wine barrel aged saison anytime soon.

Can't wait

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Northern Monk (plus Wylam, Verdant, Deya et al) Hop City DDH IPA-take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the hops are pretty:cheers: Totes yumtus:addict:, also on the Imp Stout front, Tempest Old Fashioned reminded me of the power of the Dark Side. Another cracker from Tempest:okay:!

Northern Monk (plus Wylam, Verdant, Deya et al) Hop City DDH IPA-take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the hops are pretty:cheers: Totes yumtus:addict:, also on the Imp Stout front, Tempest Old Fashioned reminded me of the power of the Dark Side. Another cracker from Tempest:okay:!
We had a keg of Hop City the other week; it's very good.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've moved so I'm no longer a near neighbour of the Taproom SE8. However, on the good news front, there's a local pub that sells a good range of craft beers and even has its own Cellar Boys micro-brewery downstairs. This beer is not quite as local, coming from The Kernel, which must be over a mile away. It's a pale, pleasantly grapefruity, little number.
IMG_20190319_201018.jpg

U

User169

Loving the fact that drinking beer out of a wine glass passes without comment these days. @threebikesmcginty used to take some stick for that.

This thread really captures the changes on beer drinking over the past few years. On the whole for the better I think, although I hope cask ale doesn’t die off. It’s something I really look forward to when I’m in the UK.

Loving the fact that drinking beer out of a wine glass passes without comment these days. @threebikesmcginty used to take some stick for that.

This thread really captures the changes on beer drinking over the past few years. On the whole for the better I think, although I hope cask ale doesn’t die off. It’s something I really look forward to when I’m in the UK.
IMG_20190322_185936.jpg

Until you make it

Top Bottom