Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveF

After a few in The Beer Capital, Leuven, the nightcap is as per picture... 5.8% of toffee apple coloured goodness (tastes a bit toffee too)...

IMG_20190609_000439.jpg

SteveF

Refreshment stop just before Antwerp,as per the glass, lambic, sour and welcome...

IMG_20190609_133427.jpg

SteveF

The sun is shining in Ghent, that said we had to cycle through a thunder storm, which coincided with a puncture caused by a broken spoke, some nice Belgian folk helped out with a track pump and offer of shelter in their car port..... Back to the subject, the glass n bottle say it all, well apart from it's loveliness..

IMG_20190610_154532.jpg

mythste

Veteran
Out in Manchester and popped into the Marble Arch. Good pint of "Differently Hopped Dobber" but this was better...Magic Rock Fantasma IPA

View attachment 470019

Even better, I bumped into @mythste looking every part the Northern Quarter hipster

Dinner in Ciaoo...decent pizzeria and has nice beers. Italian IPA

View attachment 470020

Lovely to catch you again! Their Marble Trials DDH (Double Dry hopped) needed a few pints, just to make sure I liked it...

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
So yesterday with Mossy, Claud, Skol etc was a maelstrom of stupidly strong Northern monk stuff, marshmallow porters, mango lassi gose (was it a gose? I cant remember), something with hibiscus, Manchester tart (the beer not the tart) all washing down "Manchester Eggs" which are like Scotch Eggs, but with added black pudding and a pickled rather than conventional egg. Most dishes are improved with the addition of black pudding and the eggs were no different.
That last sentence has to be a strong contender for quote of the year!:notworthy:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Siren in collaboration with Left Handed Giant. Snake Legs described as an Imperial Saison with Rhubarb, it clocks 8.6 on the alchometry scale. The strong vanilla tones make it rather more custard than rhubarb but it is fruity at the front with an aftertaste that you'd expect from a strong Belgian ale. The label says they wanted to do something different and they certainly achieved that.
IMG_20190611_202553.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Siren in collaboration with Left Handed Giant. Snake Legs described as an Imperial Saison with Rhubarb, it clocks 8.6 on the alchometry scale. The strong vanilla tones make it rather more custard than rhubarb but it is fruity at the front with an aftertaste that you'd expect from a strong Belgian ale. The label says they wanted to do something different and they certainly achieved that.
View attachment 470388
I hope it tastes better than it looks

Top Bottom