Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Morrisons today, I would've happily paid full price for it.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Hobgoblin is just a classic! I often go back to it when I'm not drinking sour stouts, NEIPAs etc. So lately I have been sampling:
Stroud Brewery Schwarzwalder Cherry Stout 5%-Toasty, fruity, sweet , sour, tart...yumtus!
Fell Brewery Sabro Simcoe DDH Pale 5.2%- Hoppy (but not mouth puckeringly so), mellow, fruity. Went down very easily.
Vault City Brewing SIPA V2.5 Mandarin 7.2%-Another winner from Vault City and well worth a whirl if Sour IPAs are your thing.
Perhaps I'll manage to get my hands on some North TIPA some time!:cheers:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
My latest quaffing was Much Ado About Muffin (here comes Muffin...:laugh:), a blueberry muffin Pale Ale (5.5%) , a collab between Siren and Lervig. It's nicely tart, while not excessively so and fruity. Slightly off the wall but enjoyable.:cheers: Also TO OL A Little Goes A Long Way (Micro IPA 3.5%)- an enjoyable and flavourful session pale. Northern Monk Striding Edge remains top of the pile for me in that department though. Last but not least, Vault City Brewing Double Mash Coconut Cream Imperial Stout 9.5% , which went down very well while watching Designated Survivor. I feel very fortunate to have got my hands on a bottle...I should coco (nut):cheers:.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Since we're talking about dogs, I'm a huge fan of Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. Absolutely delicious.

View attachment 533066
You've just made me seek out the Dogfish website, are you in the US as I can't find it for sale anywhere in the UK?

MntnMan62

Über Member
You lucky boy, are they better than the Sierra Nevada lpas, I love their stuff?

The Sierra Nevada beers are watered down and aren't even in the same class as the Dogfish Head. Funny how we all have our own personal tastes. Another popular beer here is Blue Moon. I love wheat beers and especially the white style of Belgian wheats. But I much prefer Hoegaarden. I find it far superior. And then there was the time I visited London with my wife. I was really looking forward to having what we call here "hand drawn" ale, which I believe you call cask ale. Basically it sits in the basement unrefrigerated and you have to pump the tap to get the beer to flow. I think you folks perfected it. A bar in NYC that I went to alot always had a couple and was one of the few places you could find it. So I go to London, found a pub, ordered up two and while he was pouring them I look around and all of the locals are drinking.......wait for it......Budweiser. Out of an aluminum bottle. Are you kidding me? That stuff is just pxss water. I find that generally speaking the beers found from Europe are far better than what you can find here. I love love love Chimay. All of them. Too many to name. I really enjoyed the beer while I was there and then got the chance to visit again when our son was about 7. I treated myself to something different in each pub we went to. To each his or her own I suppose.

Top Bottom