Beetroot. I have never eaten it before

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Wolf04 said:
I ran away from infant school because there was beetroot juice on the mash! My elder sister forced her phobia about beetroot on me so never tried it until recently. I was in a very nice restaurant in Guernsey several years ago when a trusted family member suggested I would like beetroot. I had ham hock with pease pudding(it's a Geordie thing) and roasted beetroot. I've been enjoying it ever since. It's the vinegar I don't like.

Whey, bonnie laad, iffa say so me'self, aah do a mighty fine pease puddin... Glorious with ham on a Greggs's stottie! :blush:

cavcannotclimb

Beetroot cake..mmm...interesting...have you tried Nigella's beetroot chutney recipe? Nice with just about everything!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
mr_cellophane said:
I made a beetroot wine many years ago. Like most of my attempts at wine making it was very strong, but tasted gross :wahhey:

My first attempt at making beetroot wine led to a minor secondary fermentation in the bottles and a sweetish sparkling Lambrusco-like red wine.

My second attempt was poured down the drain.

Beetroot is gert' lush. Cold, with a salad, it's luverly and baked, like a potato, just as good. Soup, even better.

Just make sure you wash your hands and don't wear anything white. Beetroot can almost stain your skin!

Top Bottom