Beetroot. I have never eaten it before

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

That's quite shocking as no reason other than when I was a kid my Dad used to eat it out a jar and hated the smell but as an adult just never bothered.

Need to try it. What does it taste like???

Other than that don't think there's much else tried.

U

User169

How about macho eating? Should be right up your street!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like the pickled stuff (always did as a kid too) but it isn't to everyone's taste. Try it roasted, as suggested above...yum! :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
I much prefer (although i still love it pickled) the 'fresh' stuff you get at the salad counter (it comes in a sealed pack). There's no vinegary taste, bloddy lovely.

Beetroot sandwiches :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Innit supposed to be very good for you ?

HeyWayne

I've got some growing on my allotment - love the stuff. Give me a couple of months and I'll send you some.

Simply roasted is darned tasty - I've converted several people that way. There are tonnes of ways to use it. Freshest is bestest.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It has a sweet but almost earthy taste to it (not sure that is the best way to describe it). I like it but don't go out of my way to buy it. Saying that I might get some it is on special at Aldi at the moment.:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hacienda71 said:
It has a sweet but almost earthy taste to it (not sure that is the best way to describe it). I like it but don't go out of my way to buy it. Saying that I might get some it is on special at Aldi at the moment.:smile:

Don't forget to wash it if you've grown it yourself :biggrin::smile:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Bloody horrible
puke.gif

Top Bottom