Bells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deanE

How many of you have a bell on your bike? Many cycle paths are shared with pedestrians, who are often walking in groups straddling the whole path, and I always ring the bell to warn them of my approach. However, the response is often negative; they split into two camps, one moving to the right and the other to the left; they move over themselves but do nothing about the dog wandering around on a long lead; they just stop and turn around but make no attempt to move; or they make some comment as you slowly pass about “good job you’ve got a bell”. I think I’ll start a campaign for pedestrian proficiency tests, pedestrians not being allowed out unless they have passed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A bell will ruin the very pleasing look of my bike... so no...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes to a bell from me, but it has to be the right bell:
DSC01181.JPG

The ones that go ping are useless - no one seems to notice them unless you ring several times, then they think you are being pushy.

The ones that give the traditional ring are better but I prefer the type above which gives a loud "ding dong". People seem to like the sound and I almost always get a friendly comment about it when I go past.:thumbsup:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If i'm on a shared use area, I just go "ding ding ding" myself and then make a joke about not having a bell. People like that better :smile:

Top Bottom