Bells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ste.pearson

Formerly known as stevieP
i have a bell on my hybrid and have experienced much the same as yourself when on shared paths,which i use quite often.i think the dog walkers resent us cyclists much the same way some car users do

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Friend of mine has one of those that @Rickshaw Phil has up page, very loud and distinctive sound, must weigh a ton though.
I agree, it's no lightweight, but it's not like it's making a performance difference on my bike.:giggle:

For the weight weenies among us, how about this: Link - Light and aero.;)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I'm not sure a bell works these days, even when walking through a high street I end up playing dodgems with some twat paying more attention to their smart phone than their own safety. Let alone when on a bike.

MarkF

Guru
How many of you have a bell on your bike? Many cycle paths are shared with pedestrians, who are often walking in groups straddling the whole path, and I always ring the bell to warn them of my approach. However, the response is often negative; .

Cycling on the canal is a bugger at the weekend near Saltaire, if I use a bell, walkers often tut and roll their eyes before deigning to let me pass and this s.h.a.r.e.d path. :cursing: Sometimes I'll change tactic and offer a polite "Excuse me" , this will often elicit a "Haven't you got a f****n bell"! :huh: You can't win.

PS When out walking on the canal, cyclists don't half get on my tits.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Can anyone spot a bell here? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-22514601

Perhaps it's fashioned like a saddle...

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
[QUOTE 2470471, member: 259"]:ohmy:[/quote]

Probably best to shut your eyes............

96946.jpg

Top Bottom