Best cream to keep the chaps happy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

A home made brew of e45, sudocrem and tea tree oil. With thanks to someone on this very forum.

And it's not for the 'nads, it's for sweaty thighs. If you're getting bollock discomfort then I really don't think a chamois cream is going to help.

mattobrien

Guru
Bike grease mixed with sharp sand - the chamois cream of champions:training:

Helps to harden things up a little and makes sure you don't put too much weight on the saddle :whistle:

Crankarm

Guru
Low fat Utterly Nutterly.

Seriously the only one to use is Savlon Cream as it is an antiseptic cream. Do NOT use Vaseline as it can make problems worse as it does not have antiseptic or soothing properties. Vaseline is great but just not in this area.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.

Seriously the only one to use is Savlon Cream as it is an antiseptic cream. Do NOT use Vaseline as it can make problems worse as it does not have antiseptic or soothing properties. Vaseline is great but just not in this area.

:eek:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Vaseline suits me (and a few others I know) for 100+ rides.

uclown2002

Guru

Sudocrem is antiseptic too.

Hyslop

Veteran
I tend to use Sportsbalm 01 Balm.Good stuff,a little goes along way,literally if you use it on the bike.The blurb never mentions bikes-just says apply before performance,so probably you can use it for other forms of exercise.One I would stay clear of is Chapeau-stopped working before the end of the road!For any post excitement chafing Drapolene seems to work OK.

Hyslop

Veteran
Thanks for that Alembicbassman,we have 4 tubes of that very stuff in the house somewhere,so with a bit of luck that should save enough to buy you a pint!

Top Bottom