Best cream to keep the chaps happy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nxn2020

Probably been done before but what is the best choice of nut butter to keep the boys happy? At the moment I'm using udderly smooth but finding it soaks in and disappears leaving them on their own so to speak. What do you guys feel is the best one to keep them happy?

Judging by the title, I think they could just use whatever they find at the back of the closet.:ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
With a synthetic chamois you shouldn't need cream, although on wet muddy 7 hour epic mountain bike events I used to find that a finger-full of vaseline smeared on the ricker kept soreness away.

PK99

Legendary Member
Probably been done before but what is the best choice of nut butter to keep the boys happy? At the moment I'm using udderly smooth but finding it soaks in and disappears leaving them on their own so to speak. What do you guys feel is the best one to keep them happy?

When its hot and sweaty, simple sudocreme works for me. Other times I don't bother.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not try better shorts? How far are you riding?

Assos seems to be favoured, sudocreme is thick and messy IMO, use after cycling if needed

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I've cycled for years and never needed chamois cream until recently (inner thigh chaffing), my conclusion is you don't need it until you do.

Good shorts, good saddle, good bike fit etc is no guarantee and things change even if none of the above does.

I have tried sudocrem, aqueous cream and Assos chamois cream, none seemed better than the other, although aqueous cream is messier and soaks in faster.

old chip fat, like dangling a carrot in front of a Blackpool donkey.

OP
OP
N

nxn2020

50+ non stop, sports are dhb middle of the range can't remember what they're called. Sometimes I can do the miles with no problems at all, sometimes I end up really sore, makes no sense! Just thought I'd put it out there as every little helps!
Why not y better shorts? How far are you riding?

Assos seems to be favoured, sudocreme is thick and messy IMO, use after cycling if needed
+

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I use Assos Chamois Creme and it works really well, even on 100 milers.

Just a warning. It smarts a bit when you put it on but the feeling goes away quick enough.

Steve

Top Bottom