Best frying pan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This isn't true at all in my experience. I've bought a fair amount of stuff over the years (going back to before most folks knew they existed) -I don't recall ever finding a fault on anything.
Or am I blind?
from shoes that aren't symmetrical, jeans with twisted legs, a plaid shirt with a misaligned back panel to torx keys that won't fit in any bolts, a hex drill bit set that was all wonky and poorly moulded glassware... I've found faults on enough stuff that I'm fairly certain it's just a 2nds shop.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it's mostly for omelettes a cheap omelette maker for around 15 quid does a great job, better results than I can get from a pan anyway.
What's an omelet maker? How is it different to a frying pan?

All uphill

Still rolling along
I have a set of Anolon frying pans that are as good after 10 years use as they were new. They just do the job.

I do treat them with care - no dishwash, conditioned before use, washed with a soft brush in soapy water.

from shoes that aren't symmetrical, jeans with twisted legs, a plaid shirt with a misaligned back panel to torx keys that won't fit in any bolts, a hex drill bit set that was all wonky and poorly moulded glassware... I've found faults on enough stuff that I'm fairly certain it's just a 2nds shop.
odd - I trust you took the stuff back - faults need to be declared of course - shops can't just say it was reduced in price so all squared.

Yes they can. " This item is reduced no warranty"
ah - if they declare no warranty different - have never seen that on a TK Maxx item though.
What I meant is that they can't just avoid the buyer assumption that stuff is perfect - can't say that the fact that it was reduced negates this assumption.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
ah - if they declare no warranty different - have never seen that on a TK Maxx item though.
What I meant is that they can't just avoid the buyer assumption that stuff is perfect - can't say that the fact that it was reduced negates this assumption.
I buy parts with limited warranty.
When you read the small print it says they will refund the value of the purchase but not in anyway fix any damages caused by the parts failure.
Quite a common occurrence these days with patent parts from China that get drop shipped

it's one of many new kitchen gadgets found on Aldi's special's section. There's also a pie maker, hot dog maker, sausage roll maker and sh!t loads of other crap that negates the need for a versatile oven :wacko:
I had the idea that you worked for Aldi Monty.

I agree with what I take to be the drift of your post that single function cooking things are generally barmy.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Problem with TK Maxx is everything's a reject so it's a case of find the fault before you buy.

I don't agree. TK Maxx is usually stocked with:

1) cheap stuff were they own the name.
2) branded goods made specifically for them, these will be a lower quality than you'd expect for that brand;
3) proper branded stuff, this is usually production over runs/ over stocks / end of lines, that are sold to TK at a clearance price which lets them sell to the consumer at stupid prices and still make a margin.

it's finding the 3) that is the key to shopping at TK.

Top Bottom