Best frying pan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Two kitchen things you should not skimp on are pans and knives. Cheap stuff never lasts and never work as well.
Top kitchens are often using run of the mill cheap nonstick teflon pans, because expensive stuff doesn't last either:laugh:(at least in pro environment)
I would say if you are happy to take a rather good care of it, cast iron is good.
If not heavy alu base (or copper if you can afford it) is great as well. It can have a coating, but I still would get a stainless one as well for browning and deglazing meats.

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Ive just moved into a council house and found 3 cast iron frying pans left by the previous [departed] resident. I didnt really entertain using them as they weigh a ton and thought they wouldnt be much cop ie sticking Perhaps i'll give one a go as so many folk here like them, i did think i could use the smaller one for dry frying spices/seeds. :okay:

We have a really heavy ikea s/s pan. Not their normal thin stuff. Think it’s called Sensuel. There’s a matching casserole which is a little deeper but they share the same lid. Works well and easy clean. We have induction and I wouldn’t go back to gas except for the wok, which just doesn’t work properly on induction

robrinay

I’ve got a vintage tinned copper frying pan for general cooking. It’s probably French and has different sized rivets (hand made?). The tinned surface is non stick and just needs a wipe with kitchen roll to clean it. For steaks I’ve got a vintage cast iron pan made by Griswold. I did a bit of research before choosing it from a rack of various makes of vintage cast iron skillets in a hardware shop in Lancashire, using this web site.
https://www.castironcollector.com/

Top Bottom