Best frying pan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
For omelettes mainly, i use a wok for stir fries. Theres a variety out there...steel, non stick, cast iron, granite [whats that about?] etc so whats the bee's knees, cats pajama's of frying pans? :okay:

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Le Creuset. Very good non-stick, and when they aren't any more they honour their guarantee, even if they grumble a bit about your having overheated the pan.

Less spendy, the Nisbets non-stick range is also very good. (The Vogue range, that is. The Vogue saute pan is also really excellent IME)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I bought a couple of Tefal pans in about 2003. The small one got most use and was replaced in about 2014 with another tefal pan (which is still going strong), the big one got binned this year and is yet to be replaced, most likely with another Tefal pan.

Last edited:

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
As mentioned above have a look at nisbets they have been going donkeys years...

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/kitchenwa...qLZU730P6EMQ1J9ceNR3oVjgJtN4ohjRoCmHMQAvD_BwE

Some induction ones there . Spend £30 or so should be good

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don’t know there’s an awful lot of difference between them. Just bought one that’s from IKEA for a fiver. Someone around the corner had brought a load of stuff from them from the U.K. and were selling it in their front garden. Quite hefty and seems durable. It’s all down to how long the non stick lasts.
Some folks who like to fashion their kitchen from the remains of a demolished fifteenth century country church favours fancy brands like Le Crueset maybe because they’re heavy and the French love cooking but I don’t know they’re really any better.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Don’t know there’s an awful lot of difference between them. Just bought one that’s from IKEA for a fiver. Someone around the corner had brought a load of stuff from them from the U.K. and were selling it in their front garden. Quite hefty and seems durable. It’s all down to how long the non stick lasts.
Some folks who like to fashion their kitchen from the remains of a demolished fifteenth century country church favours fancy brands like Le Crueset maybe because they’re heavy and the French love cooking but I don’t know they’re really any better.
I've tried Wilko's own frying pans and they've been crap; only lasting a year if I'm lucky
One of my friends who has to have 'the best' of everything spent a stupid amount of money on a non-stick frying pan and the first time he forgot to turn off the heat, the teflon bubbled and the pan was ruined. I've left my significantly cheaper Tefal pans on the heat numerous times, over night in some cases, and apart from needing a serious clean, have survived intact.

I'd go cast iron. Especially if you can get one with a handle that doesn't get hot. I'm still using one from early 1990s and when the handle fell off I bodged one because I liked the pan so much.
The handle is usually cast with the pan.
My Aldi cast iron pan is not as nicely finished as Le Creuset but works well on slow cooked onions, burgers, browning meat. You can cook grouse and partridge in the oven after browning in the same pan.
Not so good for omlettes and pancakes.

Top Bottom