Best frying pan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The handle is usually cast with the pan.
My Aldi cast iron pan is not as nicely finished as Le Creuset but works well on slow cooked onions, burgers, browning meat. You can cook grouse and partridge in the oven after browning in the same pan.
Not so good for omlettes and pancakes.
This - I do think that a decent non-stick is worth its weight for omelettes and pancakes - perhaps a well-seasoned black iron's up there too, but very much harder to maintain than non-stick.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The cheaper stuff that turns up in the likes of TK Maxx isn't German made and isn't the same quality as the proper stuff
Yes, also see amazon too - it does dilute the brand, but is increasingly prevalent across many brands. TKM has a great deal of its stuff made for it, when it would have you believe that it's all overstocks at bargain prices (although there are some nuggets amongst the carp)

gbb

Legendary Member
My Tefals ones (i brought two maybe 4 or 5 years ago have begun to lose their non stickability, still functional but...
They were about £20 each iirc and there are several diffent quality ones even within the Tefal range, i didnt go for their cheapest offerings, thsse have done ok.
It was a revelation to be able to cook stufff, eggs particually, without splitting them all over the pan.
Id buy them again. Tried some white ceramic ones some years ago, never got on with them but as i cant remember the brand or name...bit irrelevent really :tongue:

simongt

Guru
Having spent four years running a large fast food restaurant some years ago, the quickest way to get me out of a kitchen is to begin frying something - ! :wacko:
One of the smells I learned to destest by association. :angry:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Having spent four years running a large fast food restaurant some years ago, the quickest way to get me out of a kitchen is to begin frying something - ! :wacko:
One of the smells I learned to destest by association. :angry:
I'm not McLovingit :sad:

Problem with TK Maxx is everything's a reject so it's a case of find the fault before you buy.
This isn't true at all in my experience. I've bought a fair amount of stuff over the years (going back to before most folks knew they existed) -I don't recall ever finding a fault on anything.
Or am I blind?

Top Bottom