Best helmet for ponytailed riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atalanta

Hello cycle people, specifically those with long hair - how do you keep your ponytail up and off your neck? I tend to pull mine through the little adjustable bracket at the back of the helmet, but that means my hair gets caught in the screw mechanism and sometimes even pulled out. I know some helmets have particular "ports" for ponytails. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Specialized womens helmets like the Duet have a, hairport sx fit system for Pony Tails. Some of the colours are neutral enough to be worn whether you're a man or woman, if that kind of thing matters. Nice helmet, my wife has just bought one.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i used to have long hair tied in a ponytail and never had a problem with my hair being on my neck…

vickster

Legendary Member
Women's helmets address the issue more effectively. Friend of mine uses a Bell one with no issue

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yep. Specialized do one. Dont know about the best thogh. It might be quite pricey. Screenshot_2017-06-27-10-58-59.png

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got a specialized one, and the ponytail bit works fine, though when it was hot last week I was twisting it up into a little knot after putting the helmet on. Completely forgot about that when I went to take the helmet off:blush:

I ride with a £20 Muddy Fox skid lid - the white, black & turquoise one. Works well enough for me as I can't recall being annoyed by my ponytail while riding.

One thing I've learnt on here is that everyone's bottom and everyone's head is different. :smile:

Top Bottom