Best place to cycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have come across a bit of money and was planning on going for a weekend break somewhere and taking my bike. The idea was to travel in the morning, go for a ride, stay at a B&B, go for a ride the next morning, and then drive home that night.

I was wondering where the best place to go would be. I dont really mind a hilly route but would like to see as much as I can in the two days. I am thinking of a 40-60 mile route.
Any suggestions?

Glen Coe, Loch Lomond or Loch Ness are some good places to ride to. Apart from the weather, just about anywhere in the highlands is awsome.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Seeing as you're not far from Holyhead- you could always take the ferry to Dun Laoghaire for a short tour of Eastern Ireland? It's relatively flat and you could enjoy a few Guinnesses while you're there.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Personally I would wait for the spring when the weather improves,otherwise you could be wasting your money,unless you enjoy riding in awful weather.:thumbsup:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
In that case you are spoilt for choice. There are so many nice places suitable for good cycling. I suggest you study some maps and google earth to give you an idea of the terrain.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am growing very fond of the Isle of Man. A circumnavigation of the whole island is 70 miles. And the place to stay I am looking at is for £35 a night.
http://www.myuk.travel/Reservations...&DateIn=9-Jun-2014&Nights=1&DefaultNoGuests=1

Top Bottom