Best place to cycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Foot passenger with bike would be a fraction of the cost.

vickster

Legendary Member
Use quidco if you can. It still sounds a lot for such a short time, isn't better ride to Liverpool and then foot passenger across? You'll get more riding, save money on petrol not least and it's more environmentally sound :smile:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The lanes on Anglesey are really nice. You could ride to the ferry avoiding the main road to Hollyhead. Couple of days on the IOM and ride back.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If you want a ferry trip...... Go to Hull, leave car in P&O terminal car park for £7 per 24 hours. Take overnight ferry to Rotterdam, cycle to Middelburg. Stay overnight in Middelburg then cycle to Zeebrugge. Take overnight ferry back to Hull, drive home. Ferry including cabin for solo use can be had for £80 return. Someone did it recently!

The trip can be done in the opposite direction to suit the wind direction. Rotterdam to Zeebrugge is only about 85 miles, so you could even miss out the overnight stay on the continent if you're strapped for time.

Last edited:

Somewhere

Formerly known as BimblingBee
£250 for a trip to somewhere you can see from home?!

Try Morocco, good bang for your buck and a great taste of another culture or a European break.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If you want a ferry trip...... Go to Hull, leave car in P&O terminal car park for £7 per 24 hours. Take overnight ferry to Rotterdam, cycle to Middelburg. Stay overnight in Middelburg then cycle to Zeebrugge. Take overnight ferry back to Hull, drive home. Ferry including cabin for solo use can be had for £80 return. Someone did it recently!

The trip can be done in the opposite direction to suit the wind direction. Rotterdam to Zeebrugge is only about 85 miles, so you could even miss out the overnight stay on the continent if you're strapped for time.
Thanks, I will give that a good look.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"

For the date I have in mind. It would cost £200. However, I can always change the date. I am quite flexible (well I definately have college on Thursdays until end of May and I definately work on the weekend. But that leaves loads of time to do it.
It does seem like a plausable route though, and I even go to a foreign country! (Which reminds me, I need to get a new passport).

Brandane

Legendary Member
For the date I have in mind. It would cost £200. However, I can always change the date. I am quite flexible (well I definately have college on Thursdays until end of May and I definately work on the weekend. But that leaves loads of time to do it.
It does seem like a plausable route though, and I even go to a foreign country! (Which reminds me, I need to get a new passport).
Yeh sorry, forgot to mention that the low fares are only during the week, and for very short stays. Winter only too, AFAIK..

BTW, you will go to THREE foreign countries - Netherlands, Belgium, and some place called England.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Yeh sorry, forgot to mention that the low fares are only during the week, and for very short stays. Winter only too, AFAIK..

BTW, you will go to TWO foreign countries - Netherlands and Belgium. I managed three - Netherlands, Belgium, and some place called England.
The same journey but next week is £75. Not too bad. But who wants to cycle in this weather?

Top Bottom