Best place to cycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am being a bit picky now.

I might just stick to what I know and drive somewhere early in the morning, go for a ride, and drive home. Simple and cheap.
I am thinking of mid-south Wales or NW England.

It be a bit of a drive but IMO Arran is one of the best places to cycle. Drive to Ardrossn, park there and Ferry across to Brodick.
http://www.calmac.co.uk/destinations/arran.htm

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I am being a bit picky now.

I might just stick to what I know and drive somewhere early in the morning, go for a ride, and drive home. Simple and cheap.
I am thinking of mid-south Wales or NW England.

"NW England"....Peak District, Lancashire Pennines (Hebden Bridge area) or Trough of Bowland. All 3 are 2 hours max from Prestatyn, lots of picturesque, challenging cycling, quiet lanes, famous climbs if you want to do them. Can't comment on Mid/S Wales

Everywhere else is too far for a day trip

endoman

just find a sportive route in one of the above mentioned areas and go ride it. Tour of Peak would be a good one, starts in Bakewell this year I think. Gets you on a bit of the TDF route as a bonus.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
For the date I have in mind. It would cost £200. However, I can always change the date. I am quite flexible (well I definately have college on Thursdays until end of May and I definately work on the weekend. But that leaves loads of time to do it.
It does seem like a plausable route though, and I even go to a foreign country! (Which reminds me, I need to get a new passport).
your date probably lies with the isle of man tt. which would also ruin your bike ride.

wait4me

Veteran
I am looking at the Isle of Man.

You should avoid that area as I believe that some people have the attitude of "I dont get insurance. You can have a house and not insure it, so why not a car? If you want to take the risk of having to pay out of your own pocket, then you should be able to do that. It should just be a choice because it makes no difference to they way people drive (well it might make them drive more carefully)." ( see http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/guess-how-many-drivers-didnt-have-insurance.147137/) but I would agree they are absolute dick heads :whistle:

MarkF

Guru
I'd fly to Barcelona, hostal 25 euros a night, road bike 20eu for 2 days (I had an Orbea & a Giant last year) fantastic food, better weather, ride up to Girona (beautiiful) catch train back down, go wild in La Raval. Have cash left over...............

Crankarm

Guru
How much money have you benefitted by?

Top Bottom