Best recovery food post-ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
These three....
breakfast.jpeg
lager.jpeg
lager.jpeg

NorvernRob

So you need the chili sauce to cover up the taste of the "meat" even when drunk ;)

A kebab without chilli sauce is like toast without butter!

michaelcycle

It wasn't those but they do look amazing. Is it wrong to think of high quality doner as health food?

This one seemed off the beaten path and thinking on might have been when I followed the Wandle on this meandering ride, maybe ten years ago. I feel a quest coming on.

Please report back with your findings!

Berties

Fast and careful!
After a long ride it's what I fancy,not maybe what's good for you,after reading the Tyler Hamilton book it was a mussette bag with a red egg/ epo in it

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm just in from ride and had a glass of chocolate milk. About to rouse myself for beans on toast with a spoon of chilli sauce.

If you're ever down Camberwell way, FM Mangal do a great one, not one of those factory jobbies. Falafel, nearby, do a good falafel wrap. Both used as 'recovery food' to good effect.

There's another kebab place I'd like to find again. South west London somewhere, maybe in a Wimbledon direction, there was a little stream running along the other side of the road, perhaps the Wandle? Maybe I just imagined it. Anyway, the doner was home made and gorgeous.
Hanworth make their own also . They even have a few stars in the window but I think they are just old Christmas decorations :laugh: Twickenham also has a good kebab house opposite the timber yard just off the high street . The ones in the high street are pure muck , not like a donna at all :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, if you melt it and mix it in with the milk (it's a milk based product after all so you are just returning it to the wild :biggrin: )
More chocolate, less milk I say :laugh:
Ah, had a banana chocolate bar once ... pre ride :laugh: I'm a rebel ...

Well I have seen all these whey products in the shops and never bothered
I have eaten anything from a bag of hula hoops to biscuits cake etc.
I tried milk twice but no idea if it's any better

montage

God Almighty
Can you not just time your meals for after your rides?

Ride early? Eat breakfast straight after,
9-12/1pm "club run hours" - lunch
Evening ride - dinner

Only for late night sessions does recovery food become important for most people

Top Bottom