Best recovery food post-ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i like a fish finger sandwich on white bread... plenty of butter, with lashings of either ketchup or mayonnaise, followed by a packet of ready salted crisps... all washed down with the remaining fluids in my water bottles.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Marmite on toast. It's scientifically proven to be full of marmitey goodness to fulfil your vitaminny needs and toasty toastiness for your shortfall of stodge, and has crumbs of carbon which is what some bikes are made of, and thus makes you one with the bike. (If you ride a steel bike you have to sprinkle iron filings on it).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Let's face it - most of us do not need to give much consideration to what makes 'good recovery food' anyway! We are just pootling about on our bikes and can eat or drink pretty much anything we fancy post-ride.

If we were competing at a high level then it might be more important. In which case - drink the aforementioned chocolate milkshake! :laugh:

Amen Colin.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Let's face it - most of us do not need to give much consideration to what makes 'good recovery food' anyway! We are just pootling about on our bikes and can eat or drink pretty much anything we fancy post-ride.

If we were competing at a high level then it might be more important. In which case - drink the aforementioned chocolate milkshake! :laugh:

I use recovery shakes on the basis that milk may turn if left in the van all afternoon on a hot day while racing. For this purpose, myself and a group of 3 other serious racers in our club make bulk purchases of various 'ingredients' from myprotein and one of the lads mixes up recovery shake power. He also mixes up 2 different types of energy drink, one that includes some protein which we use during training, and I use toward the back end of a long road ride and one without (as the protein lays heavy on the stomach and makes you feel sick at race efforts). Sometimes add caffeine to the race mix.

At home, I drink chocolate milk, the pre-mixed stuff in 1L cartons from Tesco or Sainsburies, 2 for £2.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
High carb vegan. Armstrong was vegan diet for most a convicted drug cheat for all of his TdFs. Including post cancer. I could name more

Should we all be carrying out blood transfusions before a big ride as well to boost our red blood cell count ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I use recovery shakes on the basis that milk may turn if left in the van all afternoon on a hot day while racing. For this purpose, myself and a group of 3 other serious racers in our club make bulk purchases of various 'ingredients' from myprotein and one of the lads mixes up recovery shake power. He also mixes up 2 different types of energy drink, one that includes some protein which we use during training, and I use toward the back end of a long road ride and one without (as the protein lays heavy on the stomach and makes you feel sick at race efforts). Sometimes add caffeine to the race mix.

At home, I drink chocolate milk, the pre-mixed stuff in 1L cartons from Tesco or Sainsburies, 2 for £2.
and does drinking that said milk type stuff, make you into a fat, slow, sloth @Rob3rt

Top Bottom