Best recovery food post-ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a doner ... Donna is a woman's name

I don't eat lamb so would never even consider eating such an item, and they are kept turning on a spit at a temperature that can potentially breed every nasty bug under the sun! Not to mention the flies that hang around

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

I don't eat lamb so would never even consider eating such an item, and they are kept turning on a spit at a temperature that can potentially breed every nasty bug under the sun! Not to mention the flies that hang around
Yeah , whatever ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So just to summarise, take some milk, mix in some chocolate and drink whilst wearing a buff, thats the best thing for you? :wacko:

You forgot these...

bananas.jpg

RedRider

Pulling through
Milk and beans on toast
I'm just in from ride and had a glass of chocolate milk. About to rouse myself for beans on toast with a spoon of chilli sauce.

No it was from Hanworth kebab house , they do the best donnas in London :thumbsup:
If you're ever down Camberwell way, FM Mangal do a great one, not one of those factory jobbies. Falafel, nearby, do a good falafel wrap. Both used as 'recovery food' to good effect.

There's another kebab place I'd like to find again. South west London somewhere, maybe in a Wimbledon direction, there was a little stream running along the other side of the road, perhaps the Wandle? Maybe I just imagined it. Anyway, the doner was home made and gorgeous.

michaelcycle

There's another kebab place I'd like to find again. South west London somewhere, maybe in a Wimbledon direction, there was a little stream running along the other side of the road, perhaps the Wandle? Maybe I just imagined it. Anyway, the doner was home made and gorgeous.

May be Aya in Merton Park? They also have an express restaurant up on Wimbledon High Street. Literally everything in there is amazing. Can't see the Wandle from it though...

Ambience near Wimbledon is great as well.

RedRider

Pulling through
May be Aya in Merton Park? They also have an express restaurant up on Wimbledon High Street. Literally everything in there is amazing. Can't see the Wandle from it though...

Ambience near Wimbledon is great as well.
It wasn't those but they do look amazing. Is it wrong to think of high quality doner as health food?

This one seemed off the beaten path and thinking on might have been when I followed the Wandle on this meandering ride, maybe ten years ago. I feel a quest coming on.

NorvernRob

Who cares, they taste awesome after a few beers! (Smothered in the dark red chilli sauce that's full of seeds of course) :sweat:

vickster

Legendary Member
So you need the chili sauce to cover up the taste of the "meat" even when drunk ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom