Best shop bought Yorkies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Humongous Rib Roast, from cancelled Xmas Lunch is destined for Lunch on Sunday.

Roasties, pigs in blankets etc.

I've been persuaded not to do home made Yorkies.

But whose to buy?

What does the panel think?

Sorry ,but this member of the anel thinks you cant beat home made :mrpig::mrpig:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sorry ,but this member of the anel thinks you cant beat home made :mrpig::mrpig:
My wife suggested we get some frozen ones in to save me having to make them. But we've got no space in the freezer and they're just so... easy.

In true time honoured CC fashion I realise this is not answering the question, rather telling you to do something completely different. Do feel free to roast me for it.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Tesco finest beef dripping yorkies. Best shop bought you can buy I think.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Yorkshire puds are so easy to make, just make sure the oven is hot and empty (i.e do them after your beef and spuds etc) and heat the fat in the tray first.

Anyone serving up frozen shop bought ones should be taken outside and given a good kicking!

I'm weakening.

Shop bought goes against the grain - Homemade from scratch it is!

One big one or lots of small ones?

Tom B

Guru
One huge home made pud.

Remember the yorkiepud was traditionally served first with lashings of gravy to fill up farmers and farm workers with vast appitites before the main meal to stretch out the expensive meat and veg part.

As a kid my grandparents both came from farming stock and where skint so we quite often had Yorkie pud gravy and eggs or sausage as a Monday/ Tuesday meal.

Eggs because they had 30chickens and they were free and plentyfull. Sausage If we was flush.

To this day my toad in the hole is baked sausage, separate Yorkie pud and left over Sunday diner gravy with fried onions added. It might be a bit wierd but I don't think you can beat Yorker pud, plain old fashioned pork sausage and day old chicken gravy made from roast chicken juices, and a bit of mustard.

Try it.. thank me later

Last edited:
Top Bottom