Best Star Trek characters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Morn character in DSN had all the best lines

AuroraSaab

Veteran
After our first was born we watched Next Gen and I think Voyager, every night at 10pm for months. Favourite characters were Data, SevenofNine, and Tasha Yar - shame they binned her off.

Not keen on the new films; Chris Pine has no charisma and Simon Pegg is terrible as Scotty. He wrote the crap scripts too, which explains a lot.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
kJChQMP.jpg

Not keen on the new films; Chris Pine has no charisma and Simon Pegg is terrible as Scotty. He wrote the crap scripts too, which explains a lot.

I haven’t been a fan of the new films either, but this pulled me up short. While I don’t worship at the altar of all things Pegg, I think he’s largely been a force for good. Spaced, for example, was ace, and Shaun of the Dead was a very welcome addition to the genre.

GoldenLamprey

The problem with the films is that they are simply out-and-out action films, just with a Star Trek theme. TV Star Trek was always about people, even when the budget increased. The story and character development has always been key, and why I am a Star Trek fan, rather than a Star Wars fan (gunslingers in space).

Best characters? Pick just about anyone in DS9, including the irregular recurring ensemble. Garak had many of the best lines, though, so gets my vote.

DS9 has started again, on (I think the 'Pick' channel), as has 'Enterprise' on Horror
I'm dipping into them

Enterprise
has been getting acquainted with the Andorians, this past few episodes
I much prefer Jeffrey Combs as Shran, to being Veyoun (& the Ferengi; Brunt) in DS9
(let's forget the dreadful adaptation of HP Lovecrafts Re-Animator, that he was in)

An incredible piece
It's stated that it was a one-take scene:eek: :notworthy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGd1z2OhHXA

Some background to the episode; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarek_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

figbat

Slippery scientist
Going off point a bit but do you notice(or is just me) that Picard and Riker are always pulling their tops down because they look too short.
You would have thought in the 24th century that they would have sorted out clothing shrinking in the wash?
Known as "the Picard manoeuvre" and has been acknowledged by Patrick Stewart as a thing, apparently originally based on the ill fit and riding up of the uniform it eventually became a character trait.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
This is why Star Trek planets look the same -

View: https://youtu.be/yy16KFzM4XU

In an episode of Stargate SG1, Richard Dean Anderson surveys the forest the gate is in & exclaims " How green is the universe" which I'm sure is an in-joke to the fact that the show was shot manly in Canada:laugh:.

Don't forget, Dr Who fought aliens & Blakes 7 tangled with the federation on planets resembling chalk pits in Surrey:okay:. In fact, other planets in B7 seem to look like damp autumn days in Suffolk:whistle:.

ST famously used Vasquez Rocks, parodied endlessly in Futurama, Bill & Ted etc.

Best characters:
1. Picard
2. Spock.
3. Scotty
4. McCoy just for the 'I know engineers, they love change things' line in ST TMP

Best show:
1. ST TNG
2. ST original series
3. Voyager
4. DS9
5. Enterprise
6. Star trek continues (fan made show, really check it out)
7. Fan parodies
8. DVD/Blu ray extras
1,999. ST:biggrin:iscovery:whistle:
1,9999,9999,999,999: Lower Decks...why?....just,...why?:okay:

Top Bottom