Best sub £200 electric guitar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything amazing, just reliable and with a fairly alright tone. Oh....and this is a big oh...I play left handed.

Cheers!

Mel.

Radius

SHREDDER
Either a Yamaha Pacifica, or a Squier Strat would probably be your best bet. Depending on the type of music you want to play, either a 'fat strat' (ie one with a humbucker), or, er, not! :wacko: Amp is more important for tone.

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
Squiers are excellent guitars, and are good enough to upgrade with better pickups, etc, for when you start to play more seriously. (As I'm sure are Yamaha Pacificas, but I haven't had much to do with them.) You should be able to find a left handed one fairly easily too.

thomas

the tank engine
Melvil said:
Anyone got any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything amazing, just reliable and with a fairly alright tone. Oh....and this is a big oh...I play left handed.

Cheers!

Mel.

Have a little search here:

http://www.guitar123.co.uk/guitars/electric/

Probably a Yamaha is your best bet for that price though. I worked on the guitar123 website with a company I worked for back home and it is probably your best bet for finding a guitar online in the UK. It lists most guitars available at the top UK manufactures.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I got my son a lovely squier strat for under two hundred, by the time I got a few extras, it crept up to £250 though so beware.

I actualy prefered the sound of the Yamaha pacifica (humbucker) you see or I believe the Telecaster is the Squier which alrewady has the humbucker fitted.

Melvil said:

Cheers!

Mel.

unfortunate, all the tabs are upside down.

I learned to play right handed.

Radius

SHREDDER
djtheglove said:
or I believe the Telecaster is the Squier which alrewady has the humbucker fitted.

Dunno about that, telecasters usually have a lipstick / singlecoil combo, but some Squier teles do have hums you're right. Sound a bit odd tho they do :wacko:

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
Radius said:
Dunno about that, telecasters usually have a lipstick / singlecoil combo, but some Squier teles do have hums you're right. Sound a bit odd tho they do :tongue:

I've got a "fat tele" made by Squier and it's great. It was nice straight out of the box, but I've upgraded it with better pickups and it really is a good guitar now.

Radius

SHREDDER
If yer into alder / humbucker flat whiney, which some people are, and I'm not always against...s'all dynamics, innit. :tongue:

DJ

Radius said:
Dunno about that, telecasters usually have a lipstick / singlecoil combo, but some Squier teles do have hums you're right. Sound a bit odd tho they do :tongue:

just realised, its the first time I have seen you talk about anything other than bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Oh except when you mentioned cameras once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Radius

SHREDDER
djtheglove said:
just realised, its the first time I have seen you talk about anything other than bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Oh except when you mentioned cameras once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Heh, believe me, it was guitars first, then cameras, then bikes. I know tonnes more about photography (and probably guitar as well) than I do about bikes... :tongue:

DJ

Radius said:
Heh, believe me, it was guitars first, then cameras, then bikes. I know tonnes more about photography (and probably guitar as well) than I do about bikes... :tongue:

Woooo, Ok don't jump out yer pram !!!!!! I believe you!!!!!

DJ

Radius said:
"WAAAH!" (Dunlop 535Q, to be exact) :biggrin:

Are you sure you didn't have a wee bang to the heed, when you came of yer bike the other day or have you been on the sauce again?:tongue:

Top Bottom