Best track bike for around £800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

i was also looking at the carbon track bike on planet x, not that i ride track lol, but its looks pritty good for the money, if the frame is stiff enough.

E

Euan Uzami

Young Un said:
I can only have one or the other, so I am trying to find out what is the best value for money. I have now decided though that I think it I like track it will be a track bike I spend my money on rather than a cyclo-cross bike. I just want better equipment really - I have a mtb adapted for cross and I already have a fixed suitable for track riding. I am just a very want want want person.

Steve

good choice - no money in 'cross. look at chris hoy - on a bran flakes advert now. that could be you in a few years.

Will1985

Über Member
No need to worry about BB height at Halesowen - I ride with the uni triathletes there, all on road bikes. It isn't the tightest of tracks so you don't need to worry.

If I were to get into track racing (I just ride it occasionally at the moment), I would just get a frame, fork, handlebar and bottom bracket, and then take saddle, wheels*, and chainset off the fixed. I've already got a full set of chainrings and sprockets so there isn't much point doubling up. I doubt my Pompino would be allowed even without the front brake.

*Don't know if commissaires would allow 32h Open Pros...cheaper than a set of tubular track wheels.

Dave5N

Über Member
Will1985 said:
No need to worry about BB height at Halesowen - I ride with the uni triathletes there, all on road bikes. It isn't the tightest of tracks so you don't need to worry.

If I were to get into track racing (I just ride it occasionally at the moment), I would just get a frame, fork, handlebar and bottom bracket, and then take saddle, wheels*, and chainset off the fixed. I've already got a full set of chainrings and sprockets so there isn't much point doubling up. I doubt my Pompino would be allowed even without the front brake.

*Don't know if commissaires would allow 32h Open Pros...cheaper than a set of tubular track wheels.

Good god, Triathletes are allowed on to the hallowed tarmac? :laugh:;)

Don't think a Pompino would be that much use in a race, TBH.

Don't know of any rules against open pros, either.

Top Bottom