Best track bike for around £800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Any recomendations for either a complete bike or parts to make a complete track bike for around £800. Trying to decide whether to buy a track bike or a cyclo-cross bike, so need to see what would get me the best bike.

Thanks
Steve

Dave5N

Über Member
Planet X Pro Carbon. Currently on offer at £782 and some change. Amazing value.

skwerl

that's not going to go well on the road though. is it for track cycling?

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

I can only have one or the other, so I am trying to find out what is the best value for money. I have now decided though that I think it I like track it will be a track bike I spend my money on rather than a cyclo-cross bike. I just want better equipment really - I have a mtb adapted for cross and I already have a fixed suitable for track riding. I am just a very want want want person.

Steve

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
I can only have one or the other, so I am trying to find out what is the best value for money. I have now decided though that I think it I like track it will be a track bike I spend my money on rather than a cyclo-cross bike. I just want better equipment really - I have a mtb adapted for cross and I already have a fixed suitable for track riding. I am just a very want want want person.

Steve

How is the fixed suitable for track?
Wont the gear be wrong, the front forks drilled and the bottom bracket too low?
Or am i wrong?

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

The gear may well be wrong - but I can change that quite easily can't I. The track I will be racing on isn't an indoor velodrome - it is an outdorr track and itsn't too steep. Also the front fork being drilled won't make much of a difference will it?

Steve

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
The gear may well be wrong - but I can change that quite easily can't I. The track I will be racing on isn't an indoor velodrome - it is an outdorr track and itsn't too steep. Also the front fork being drilled won't make much of a difference will it?

Steve

Against rules if i remember right. You have to have a non drilled fork(not sure if the rules are the same on the track you will use, they might just say take the front brake off)
As for BB height you might find that it is still too low, but im not sure, you'll have to ask.
For the gear im not sure what size you will use, you might find you need another chain to go from the gear you use on the road to the gear on the track.

Top Bottom