Best TV series ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm with FM. Edge of Darkness was the last time I bothered to rush home to see a multi-part drama. I think it was the last time the Beeb really bothered to do intelligent political stuff too. I never quite got very excited about the endless "Lords and maids" lush productions.
The Jewel in the Crown was brilliant actually so maybe I'm talking tosh! Come back Ronnie Merrick!

D

Deleted member 20519

I'm quite fond of Burn Notice.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I would've expected to see some votes for The Killing. The first series at least is compulsive viewing.

It was compulsive viewing... but by the time i'd got to the end, I felt ripped off with the amount of blind alleys they led us down... I/we knew it was 'him' by the 3rd episode... then it just went sideways for no other reason than to pad it out with about 10-12 unnecessary episodes.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Yeah, although actually I am not so sure having checked - Charlotte Long was killed during the second series - they finished that one off with a different actress. But I seem to remember reading that it was one of the main reasons why they didn't go onto the third.
This was another source of childhood angst (the 3rd series being cancelled) along with the IMPENDING DOOM OF NUCLEAR WAR. Nowadays my angst and anxiety issues revolve around missing out on cake or biscuits in the office.

naminder

House
Being Human, in particular the third series. I was even impressed with Robson Green in this one normally he is a good indicator of something that should be missed at all costs.
Father Ted.

The first series was my favourite. There was a stronger undertone of what it means to actually be human. I didn't rate the last series though, once Mitchell was killed off, it lost its's sparkle.
This Life, again, first series, bit dark, with a cult following was one of my favourites..

Top Bottom