Best type of shoes for flat pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I find Karrimor trainers from sports direct suit me.

You need to avoid trainers with wide heels as they can brush against the chain stay when you are pedalling other than
that anything comfortable .

pjd57

Veteran
Had them. Wouldn't buy again. Water comes in up the cleat blanking plate screws by hydraulic action and the uppers crack along the toe flex soon. You might as well be wearing bath sponges on your feet if it rains.

Lonsdale Leyton shoes from the same shop are better IMO,assuming they've not yet messed them up like they seem to most brands they buy.

Not had any problems yet. Been wearing the same pair for about 6 months so far.
But I'll have a look at the ones you mentioned.

bigjim

Legendary Member

bigjim

Legendary Member
Highly recommend Lonsdale Camden. I have done about three tours using these. They have a stiff sole and heel so support the tendon unlike trainers. Ideal for cycling and look fine off the bike. They are leather so very comfortable, but I would use the laceup version an they will change shape as they mould to your foot.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I googled the Lonsdale Camden .look like they could be good winter shoes Will give them a go.
I bought them because I was suffering from tendon ache due to trainers giving no support when only the front part of the shoe is on the pedal. Allowing the heel to droop, as trainers are soft and very flexible. Also I could feel the pedal. All solved with the Camden, though these days I am in SPDs when not touring.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am lucky that my feet are one part of me that doesnt give trouble.
I did a 300 km audax with karrimor closed toe sandals and dmr pinned pedals.No foot pain at all.

Top Bottom