best value cycle computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

november4

I suppose someday I may develop the need or curiosity for one, but for now I get along with ridewithgps on cell phone, spent enough getting bike down to 8kilos :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes there's no bluetooth on the 800 and on the reliability of the cables, agreed, I was cycling round Wales this summer and it stopped charging on the go and because it's an old style cable I could not find anywhere that sold one.

One of the reasons I switched to an 820.

So not a great recommendation then :whistle:

Mike_P

Guru
Perhaps you could try actually reading what has been written, and responding to that, rather than to your agenda?

Nobody has suggested the device would download updates not meant for it. Nor that you should turn off device updates.

The comment was to disable updates.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I suppose someday I may develop the need or curiosity for one, but for now I get along with ridewithgps on cell phone, spent enough getting bike down to 8kilos :laugh:

What have you got your weight down to, below 60kg?

november4

You must be joking, to get below 60 I'd need a time machine & amphetamines :laugh:

I have a fairly cheap bike and get a kick out of it not having cost me a fortune, and being svelte, something I have no desire to be myself, being a fan of strength training and beer

Surely that what the reference was about.

Whoah!

If you're going to quote me it's a bit disingenuous to remove the context.
For the record this is what I wrote:
However, it is no longer sold by Wahoo so if I was going down that road I'd get it set up and then disable all future updates for it and the accompanying app.

For the record, it's what I would do - and I've given the reason why.

By all means ignore or disgree if you wish.

But if you'd like a discussion, putting words in my mouth, attempting to insult me and snipping quotes to remove relevant context is not the way to go about it.

Such abrasive, combative posts do absolutely nothing for this forum.

toffee

Guru
Mrs T Garmin 810 edge tour has bitten the dust tonight and she is after a new GPS.

Looking at the edge 830 but the £300 price tag is a bit high.

Can anyone tell me what maps the wahoo element uses?

Top Bottom