Best weather app?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Now I'm cycling regularly, I'm always checking on the weather!

I have the Met Office app on my S4, but do you have one that you use that you would recommend?

GreigM

Veteran
I find the BBC weather app to be pretty reasonably correct.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bbc for me too.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Apps are easy on a phone/tablet just hit the weather button or just have a widget on the phone desktop, navigating to a website on mobile or tablet is slow and requires excessive effort, I use the BBC weather app.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Apps are easy on a phone/tablet just hit the weather button or just have a widget on the phone desktop, navigating to a website on mobile or tablet is slow and requires excessive effort, I use the BBC weather app.
I'll give the BBC app a go. I use the weather pages on the BBC website almost every day, so I will soon see which I prefer.

I think it is funny that when I was first getting into using the internet, I was way ahead of most people, but now a whole new layer of technology has come along and I have not been keeping up with it!

I have games apps on my tablet, but generally go to websites to access internet content.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just tried the BBC app on my tablet, which happens to have the same screen resolution as my laptop.

BBC Weather website on laptop: Doubeclick browser icon, singleclick browser shortcut to BBC weather, it opens up with the local forecast because that is how I set it up, I click the Monday tab, and I see all of Monday across the screen in 24 hourly columns.

BBC Weather app on tablet: Touch app icon. It starts up and detects where I am - that's nice. I see a weather summary, but everything is too big. It might be ok on a phone screen but it is too big on an 8.9" 1280 x 800 pixel tablet screen. Look for a setting to change how stuff is displayed ... nope, I can't find any way of telling it to make everything smaller and show more info at one time. Where is the hourly forecast? Ah, I have to swipe to see it. Only 12 hours shown across the screen.

Verdict: I prefer the website! :thumbsup:

(I don't normally use my phone for this kind of thing, but I might give it a go on that tomorrow.)

Top Bottom