Bianchi Aria Disc with Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'll try and find somewhere picturesque to stop off for some quick photos ;)

I've just given her another check and got the front brake properly adjusted, everything else was good to go. I think this may be the first time I've bought a bike and not had to tinker with the indexing straight away :laugh: I must say the Ultegra disc caliper was the easiest I've ever had to align - I don't know if that's due to luck or design but it was a cinch!

One thing that has suprised me a little is the noise the Mavic freehub makes - it's not unpleasant but it's certainly louder than the faint click I'm used to with my other Mavic wheelsets :laugh: It sounds almost like a muted air-raid siren - I had to check a couple of youtube vids to see if there was something wrong but it seems normal :laugh: Oh well, at least people will know when I've stopped pedalling on group rides, that might encourage me to power through a bit more often :laugh:

macky

Put two bottles on and use one bottle for your tools.
The loud freehub is due to springs. Louder means more springs and you’ll notice there’s no play when you turn the pedals. Everything clicking into place ready to go.
Disclaimer——so I’m told
The bike looks white on the pic. I had to look a few times. Me was thinking they’d sent you the wrong one:laugh:

mangid

Guru
Lezyne Caddy Sack for tools? I get the following in:
  • multi tool
  • levers
  • 2 tubes
  • 2 Co2
  • Jethro Tule
  • patches
  • zip ties
  • string
  • £20
and it's still small enough to go in a rear pocket. Lasts for years, keeps stuff dry and not too unsightly.

Top Bottom