Bianchi Intenso v Infinito?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lanternerouge

Veteran
Hi all

Long time no see. Got my cycling mojo back again happily.

Am currently dilemma-ing between two bikes. Bianchi Infinito VC w/ Ultegra and Bianchi Intenso with same. I know some think shimano/italian bikes is sacrilege but I don't care! :smile:

I test rode both last weekend. I feel not much the wiser to be honest. The infinito I got to ride for 20 minutes or so and the intenso for 5! The infinito looks amazing and is a lovely comfortable ride. The intenso felt super fast and responsive - both great really.

I have been quoted £2099 for the intenso and £2999 for the infinito.

I am saving up for the bike - I don't do credit cards - and I am at around £1600 at the moment. I will probably have to save for another 3-4 months to afford the infinito - by which time summer is over...

Should I just get the infinito and enjoy riding it all summer? Or will I regret not getting the one I really wanted?

ps I know, I know, first world problems....!
infcv-17-ult-1.jpg

Infinito CV - look at that lovely frame...
2017IntensoUltegra.jpg

Intenso

Last edited:
U

User33236

I have an Intenso, in matt and gloss black with celeste pinstripe AND Shimano Di2 (PLEASE don't shoot me!!) and absolutely love it.

My advice is go and see the bikes. Web images do not do these beasts justice. Have a look, sit on it, ride it if you can, then choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I have an Intenso, in matt and gloss black with celeste pinstripe AND Shimano Di2 (PLEASE don't shoot me!!) and absolutely love it.

My advice is go and see the bikes. Web images do not do these beast justice. Have a look, sit on it, ride it if you can, then choose.
:huh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Comfort is always number 1 on my list of useful criteria, so Infinito it would be for me.

But...

Is it 800 sovs more comfortable than the other bike? Only you known the answer to that.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My opinion although with Giant bikes is , The Defy is sweet but the cheapest . The TCR advanced 1 makes me laugh out loud when i ride it . The Trinity pro TT makes the TCR feel sluggish :eek: .
There is a big £ gap between the three bikes and it really is noticeable . I do however enjoy riding all three .

kipster

Guru
Both bikes are essentially the same, they have exactly the same geometry. The intenso was arguably the original infinito without the CV. I have both, infinito cv for summer, intenso for spring / Autumn.. The infinito cv is smoother, but both are great bikes.

Get whichever one made you smile the most.

Both bikes are essentially the same, they have exactly the same geometry. The intenso was arguably the original infinito without the CV. I have both, infinito cv for summer, intenso for spring / Autumn.. The infinito cv is smoother, but both are great bikes.

Get whichever one made you smile the most.
Spot on. I had exactly this conversation with a guy from the Bianchi Owners Club the other day. Is there any point in upgrading from the Intenso to the Infinito CV? Probably not, they are more or less the same bike. I have a CV as well as a couple of earlier Bianchis. The CV is the fastest, but it is a lot more money, and the CV, though good, isn't a whole bike's worth of better.

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
See that's why I ask on CC... awesome knowledgeable advice! ^_^ This might sound silly but if I can find one in the colour scheme I like I might well go for the intenso. Not being a millionaire and all that! :eek:

There is also the point that the non-CV Intenso gives you a more responsive riding experience. A friend of mine has a Sempre Pro and a CV and prefers to ride the Sempre because it seems more responsive, stiffer and more "direct". It isn't as quick, but feels like it is! He made a comparison with some cars - sorry, I know little abut cars - but it was something like the difference between the tight, harsh ride of a sports car versus the smooth suspension of a Mercedes (maybe?). It is only when you compare Strava, same rider, same roads that the CV comes out faster. It doesn't feel like you are going faster, but you are. My CV has the full carbon everything Athena, so it is lighter, but the smoother ride can be unsettling at first. You get the impression that your energy is being absorbed, but it is a false impression. Many people say that the Infinito CV is the best bike Bianchi ever made (Mrs A loves hers, and would agree), but the Intenso has a lot going for it and the design is not that old. It is truly the old Infinito, and that was one of the best endurance racers you could buy. Oh, and Ultegra is a very fine groupset, light and fast action.

kipster

Guru
Spot on. I had exactly this conversation with a guy from the Bianchi Owners Club the other day. Is there any point in upgrading from the Intenso to the Infinito CV? Probably not, they are more or less the same bike. I have a CV as well as a couple of earlier Bianchis. The CV is the fastest, but it is a lot more money, and the CV, though good, isn't a whole bike's worth of better.

My intenso was a warranty replacement frame for a Bianchi vertigo which developed a crack in the frame, they don't make the vertigo anymore so upgraded it :smile:

The Infinito CV has the Chorus groupset and Shamal Ultra wheels, very light and fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
There is also the point that the non-CV Intenso gives you a more responsive riding experience. A friend of mine has a Sempre Pro and a CV and prefers to ride the Sempre because it seems more responsive, stiffer and more "direct". It isn't as quick, but feels like it is! He made a comparison with some cars - sorry, I know little abut cars - but it was something like the difference between the tight, harsh ride of a sports car versus the smooth suspension of a Mercedes (maybe?). It is only when you compare Strava, same rider, same roads that the CV comes out faster. It doesn't feel like you are going faster, but you are. My CV has the full carbon everything Athena, so it is lighter, but the smoother ride can be unsettling at first. You get the impression that your energy is being absorbed, but it is a false impression. Many people say that the Infinito CV is the best bike Bianchi ever made (Mrs A loves hers, and would agree), but the Intenso has a lot going for it and the design is not that old. It is truly the old Infinito, and that was one of the best endurance racers you could buy. Oh, and Ultegra is a very fine groupset, light and fast action.

How much faster are we talking about Apollonius? Great post, thank you! :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi all

Long time no see. Got my cycling mojo back again happily.

Am currently dilemma-ing between two bikes. Bianchi Infinito VC w/ Ultegra and Bianchi Intenso with same. I know some thing shimano/italian bikes is sacrilege but I don't care! :smile:

I test rode both last weekend. I feel not much the wiser to be honest. The infinito I got to ride for 20 minutes or so and the intenso for 5! The infinito looks amazing and is a lovely comfortable ride. The intenso felt super fast and responsive - both great really.

I have been quoted £2099 for the intenso and £2999 for the infinito.

I am saving up for the bike - I don't do credit cards - and I am at around £1600 at the moment. I will probably have to save for another 3-4 months to afford the infinito - by which time summer is over...

Should I just get the infinito and enjoy riding it all summer? Or will I regret not getting the one I really wanted?

ps I know, I know, first world problems....! View attachment 347086
Infinito CV - look at that lovely frame...
View attachment 347087
Intenso
The brand is Italian, the bike/frame isn't

Buy the one you want, if you'll regret not getting the more costly one, use an interest free CC for the balance, cut it up when paid off in 4 months, or interest free credit, pay off asap.

midlife

Guru
Silly question from someone born in the 50's but what's the black disk behind the cassette in the top picture?

Shaun

Top Bottom