Bianchi Intenso v Infinito?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I like Bianchis and I haven't even got one any more!

RegG

Über Member
I've been and done it now! Infinito CV Ultegra will be picked up in a couple of weeks - can't wait! It is in Celeste (what else!) and will have the gearing altered to an 11-32 cassette with the appropriate new rear mech and chain. I did try the Campagnolo Potenza version on the turbo trainer but just did not like the feel or sound of the gear change (sorry to all the Bianchi/Campag aficionados) so went for what I know, i.e. Ultegra. Will post a pic when I get the bike.

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
I've been and done it now! Infinito CV Ultegra will be picked up in a couple of weeks - can't wait! It is in Celeste (what else!) and will have the gearing altered to an 11-32 cassette with the appropriate new rear mech and chain. I did try the Campagnolo Potenza version on the turbo trainer but just did not like the feel or sound of the gear change (sorry to all the Bianchi/Campag aficionados) so went for what I know, i.e. Ultegra. Will post a pic when I get the bike.
Awesome! I am getting much closer! Can I ask how much you paid?? (DM if you like!)

kipster

Guru

Nice one, I found the bike light and good for climbing anyway so went for a 52/36 and 12x29 combo. I am thinking of dropping the cassette to a 12x27. Caveat is North Hampshire although undulating doesn't have big hills. Most of the testing ones are under 15% and not long. The hardest local climb maxes out at 25% and is about 0.8 of a mile.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi all

Long time no see. Got my cycling mojo back again happily.

Am currently dilemma-ing between two bikes. Bianchi Infinito VC w/ Ultegra and Bianchi Intenso with same. I know some think shimano/italian bikes is sacrilege but I don't care! :smile:

I test rode both last weekend. I feel not much the wiser to be honest. The infinito I got to ride for 20 minutes or so and the intenso for 5! The infinito looks amazing and is a lovely comfortable ride. The intenso felt super fast and responsive - both great really.

I have been quoted £2099 for the intenso and £2999 for the infinito.

I am saving up for the bike - I don't do credit cards - and I am at around £1600 at the moment. I will probably have to save for another 3-4 months to afford the infinito - by which time summer is over...

Should I just get the infinito and enjoy riding it all summer? Or will I regret not getting the one I really wanted?

ps I know, I know, first world problems....! View attachment 347086
Infinito CV - look at that lovely frame...
View attachment 347087
Intenso

I applaud the avoidance of credit.

If I was saving for it, the assumption is hat I don't have the free cash elsewhere, I would buy the cheaper bike and put the future savings into an investment of some sort, depending on your age.

In fact Id but a much cheaper bike than either Bianchi in your financial situation.

RegG

Über Member
Awesome! I am getting much closer! Can I ask how much you paid?? (DM if you like!)

I prefer not to mention the price I have been quoted. However, I would say that I have been given a very good deal by Andy at Peak Cyclesport in Macclesfield which I suspect is fairly close to you. Needless to say, it is an Infinito CV and Bianchi's at this level are not cheap!

Congratulations on your choices. A Bianchi is an investment, and you will still be enjoying the quality of the bike long after you have forgotten the price you paid. Peak Cyclesport are one of the best dealers in the country (I have this info from an inside source!) and supplied Mrs A's custom CV. Andy has a CV himself, and takes some keeping up with on those climbs up into Macc Forest.

Top Bottom