Bib shorts or regular shorts with leg warmers or Bib tights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I use unpadded longs over padded shorts; bibs or not as preferred.
In the changeable spells (in the spring mostly), I'll use shorts with leg warmers first thing, with the intention of taking off the legwarmers once the day warms up.

Having said that, climate change seems to have bitten, and the longs have only been out for about 5 days so far this winter.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you everyone who has replied. Much appreciated.

I think I'll try going for bib shorts, If I can find them in my size and depends on the cost of them.

So far on my list I have:-
  • Base layer - long sleeve
  • Bib shorts
  • Thermal leg warmers
  • Softshell jacket
  • Buff
  • Gloves
  • Mudguards (suitable for a CX)
What the hell is the difference between waist and hip size?
In women, it can be several inches :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
See cosmic's post on page 1.
Appears to have already packed the thermal longs away.
Huh? The OP asked what the difference is between hips and waist? The bit I bolded in the post quoted!

and I still don't know the difference between waist and hip measurements.........they look to be the same to me.

Capture.JPG

2 is waist. 3 is hips. Fairly different locations really. (Not to say they can't be the same actual number of course.)

personally, finding arm and leg warmers that don't ride down and expose skin to the cold was difficult, unless I got them on just right. More than often than not I didn't. So single piece garments were my preferred choice. The downside is that on a warmer return journey, I risked getting overly warm, so top layers with long zippers were necessary.

These days I'm commuting in plain clothes.

Top Bottom