bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
https://www.hawkshead.com/search/?q=Cycling

The Hawkshead Clothing company do a very limited range of cycling gear. I've bought walking shoes from here, but not cycling gear. But prices look reasonable.

They've got a slightly odd pad - feels nice initially, but tends to ruck-up.

Mine are very comfortable for 40-50 miles, but the "rucking" creates friction spots that turn quite painful on 200-400km stints.

This hasn't happened with shorts from the "regular" brands. For my "every-day" rides I am happy paying just £20 :P

vickster

Legendary Member
Sportpursuit often have good reductions on new old stock of more premium brands in a decent range of sizes (you have to sign up to browse). I recently got Sugoi waist shorts for around £40-50, RRP £110. Everything about them just feels like very good quality, from the thickness of the material, the pad, stitching etc. Actually better than similar RRP'd Assos.

They do charge £4.99 postage and no free returns, but if you pay with PayPal, you can register for return fee refunds

Last edited:

Lookrider

Its always a little awkward given advice with financial constraints etc
Regarding bib shorts I say to mates too split your budget more in favour of a premium bib short and try to save elsewhere
The reasoning is your bum will always be on that seat on a ride 100% of the ride and there is no escape or alternative
So basically buy a cheaper winter jacket as you dont always ride in winter ..buy a cheaper raincoat as again its not always raining..and never does rain in the pub where you can get some shelter etc
Just a case of financial prioritising and too me a good bib short should be at the top of the list

Big John

Guru
Another vote for the cheapo bib shorts from Planet X @ £20 a pair. Good up to about a three hour ride, in line with previous comments. If the budget will stretch to a proper pair then try Endura, DHB, Giordano or Bioracer. Our club kit has been Endura/Giordano/Bioracer over the years and I'm still wearing it, as well as the Planet X ones of course 😉

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Another vote for the cheapo bib shorts from Planet X @ £20 a pair. Good up to about a three hour ride, in line with previous comments. If the budget will stretch to a proper pair then try Endura, DHB, Giordano or Bioracer. Our club kit has been Endura/Giordano/Bioracer over the years and I'm still wearing it, as well as the Planet X ones of course 😉
Just looking at endura on CRC might go for them.thanks folks much appreciated.

Top Bottom