Bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nightoff

I was hoping Aldi would sell bib shorts this time round. Unfortunately no such luck.
Can anyone recommend a decent pair for under £20. They would be used for daily commutes of 12 miles each way and 50 mile weekend rides.
I have seen Decathlon and Tenn Outdoors sell cheap bib shorts but I have no idea what they are like and there are no outlets near me to check them out.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't think you'll get a decent pair for under £20.

Try Wiggle's own brand dhb kit, the quality is excellent for the price.

amaferanga

Veteran
Best cheaper shorts seem to be the Shutt VR standard bibs. A bit more than £20 (£39.99 actually - price went up a tenner recently), but you'll get a quality pair of shorts as opposed to most of the rubbish around for <£30.

stephec

Legendary Member
I was hoping Aldi would sell bib shorts this time round. Unfortunately no such luck.
Can anyone recommend a decent pair for under £20. They would be used for daily commutes of 12 miles each way and 50 mile weekend rides.
I have seen Decathlon and Tenn Outdoors sell cheap bib shorts but I have no idea what they are like and there are no outlets near me to check them out.

There's a Decathlon in Sheffield, or at least I know there was about a year ago when I called in there.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've got some of these from tenn-outdoors, the black and grey ones (they used to be the cheapest), and am thinking of getting another pair soon. I had them recommended on here last year some time and find them comfortable and a good fit for my fuller figure
whistling.gif

chris-s

Prendas have some top quality santini ones for £25

Chris

OP
OP
N

nightoff

There are a few options there. I like the look of the Shutt bibs but have been getting heat off the Missus over recent cycle gear purchases. £40 is a little much to pass under the radar.
The all black Decathlons look ok. I noticed that they are rated for regular use where the cheaper coloured options are only occasional use. I would like to know what qualifies as regular and occasional to judge longevity.
I think I will wait until I am next in Sheffield to have a look in Decathlon.

RedRider

Pulling through
I would like to know what qualifies as regular and occasional to judge longevity.
I was in Decathlon Monday and think I noticed shorts were rated per riding time with regular being something like 2-4 hours in the saddle. The light/occasional use was something like an hour or two.

festival

Über Member
You cant get a pair of decent bib shorts for £20 .
But what does decent mean? does it mean then wont fall apart after a couple of washes? or something supportive and durable.

Considering the mileage you are doing you would benefit from something like endura fs260 pro shorts at £60
In the past I have been lucky enough to be given top of the range products to use foc or trade prices and while I would hesitate to pay full price eg £175, something around £60 is worth having.
Will it make you a better cyclist? Yes, but if you have never experienced quality you probably wont agree.

henshaw11

The Nalini's aren't bad - certainly for 15 quid they're a bargain. But looking on probikekit it looks like that might have been a clearout of 'em - their cheapest bibs are about 35 quid if I've managed to get the right info out of their latest website (which is bloody awful imo)

Might be worth a look here:
http://www.discountcyclewear.co.uk/

- looks like they've got some northwave bibs at assorted prices (inc the 20 quid level)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I got a pair of the Nalini six panel bibs - they are ok, but the pad isn't terrific - it gets very warm on long rides, and I'd not use them for anything other than commuting, personally.

Top Bottom