Bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Forgivness sought if this is a daft question but why are bib shorts a preferance to normal shorts?

The reason I ask this is when I first started out cycling I got pretty much the cheapest gear i could get, (some of which I still find good gear) and last year upgraded a few bits including my shorts and a couple of tops and really noticed the difference in quality. Dhb pro aeron bib shorts keep getting good press, and with my goals in distance extended this year I was considering getting some. I just wondered what the benefit was :blush:

potsy

Rambler
Lack of waistband cutting into you?
Kidney warmer?
Makes you look like a 70's wrestler?
:unsure: :scratch::giggle:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I know this is a really daft question, but does a cycling bib have a front fly?

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Not sure if postman’s already answered my question because I haven’t a clue what a “winkle pin” is :blush:, but doesn’t a bib make stopping off for a quick tinkle a bit difficult?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not sure if postman’s already answered my question because I haven’t a clue what a “winkle pin” is :blush:, but doesn’t a bib make stopping off for a quick tinkle a bit difficult?

not really, all the bibs I have they pull down easy enough..

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Some bib longs have a front zip - does make life a lot easier in the winter when you might have numerous layers to remove otherwise.

Top Bottom