bib tights or shorts that hide your junk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
There is one of my colleagues who always makes fun of how I look in my cycling gear. She also says I look hot when I've dressed smartly and brushed my hair. I think she might have a bit of a thing for me though, she walks home with me and is always asking me to go to lunch with her. It's a bit weird because she is senior to me and has just had an interview for a promotion so could soon be my line manager.
Kinky, you should deffo buy her lunch. You may end up been her sex slave.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Ugh. Wife has hidden all my trunks and jammers, so I had to buy these tiny French things. I won’t bother to describe them, the name says it all...”Zeus”.
I have a friend who has a son that's a fashion designer, and he specializes in swimwear. Teeny. Tiny. Swimwear. He designs other things but when I go to his website I am instantly bombarded with packages (and not from USPS!) I'm like, "Rita, can you tell him to knock it off with the banana hammocks on front page? I just wanna buy a blouse!" :laugh:

Venod

Eh up
I put a lot of this angst down to the (relatively recent) identification of cycling with cycling-sport. Way back in the 70s and 80s my memory is that the only people who wore proper cycling shorts (complete with crunchy chamois) were people who belonged to cycling clubs. These were strange shady organisations and the general perception of them was that you had to be insanely fit and/or have a very expensive bike to belong to one.

Where was this Outer Mongolia ?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Enough men have - uninvited and unwelcome - deliberately shown me their naked and semi-erect penis that I will continue to be thankful to those who don't.
It's a fair point, but I don't think walking into an office in functional clothing which happens to be a bit anatomically revealing is comparable to flashing or other forms of harassment, so I'm kinda with Foggers on this. Not least because baggy shorts work over the top of anything else look way sillier than cycling shorts worn alone. If it were my call I would prohibit cycling shorts in any colour except black, but that's more of an aesthetic judgement than a moral one.

It's a fair point, but I don't think walking into an office in functional clothing which happens to be a bit anatomically revealing is comparable to flashing or other forms of harassment, so I'm kinda with Foggers on this. Not least because baggy shorts work over the top of anything else look way sillier than cycling shorts worn alone. If it were my call I would prohibit cycling shorts in any colour except black, but that's more of an aesthetic judgement than a moral one.
Someone tried to shame the OP for caring, saying .. if I may paraphrase "no one is interested in your penis"
So I just made a supportive remark towards the OP.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Someone tried to shame the OP for caring, saying .. if I may paraphrase "no one is interested in your penis"
So I just made a supportive remark towards the OP.
That's true - sorry, I'd forgotten the context of the your post.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
I'm kinda with Foggers on this.

Blimey, has the Earth's magnetic polarity reversed or something?........only 'kinda', though!

Evening, TC!

If it were my call I would prohibit cycling shorts in any colour except black, but that's more of an aesthetic judgement than a moral one.

Fully concur with this. Been cycling for 35+ years, and have only ever purchased black shorts! :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
But now, for good or ill, cycling clubs are much more open affairs and [...]
This impression suggests you're an able-bodied straight white man...

cycling and cyclosport have converged in the public mind and nearly everyone dresses in racing gear.
...but this suggests you're blind. ;)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
but there have been suggestions that everyday normal cycling gear is sexually provocative or indecent in society. Which is ridiculous.
I don't think "everyday normal cycling gear" means what you think it does. Many UK cyclists seem to have a rather warped idea that skintight lycra isn't sports gear. In cycling-normal places, "everyday normal cycling gear" is probably jeans and a T-shirt:
800px-Cyclists_at_red_2.jpg

(source)

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
I have just got some of these shorts and they have quite a big pad, unless your of linford christie proportions ...
View attachment 399012
https://shop.impsport.com/impsport-hyperion-flo-yellow-bibshorts-2101
:laugh: while I have not personally seen Linford Christie's business, your statement reminded me of my friend who was a history teacher. He was fond of musing about Henry XIII's, erm, well proportioned codpiece on his armor and wondering if he were exaggerating...

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I once had to walk through a women's prison wearing leathers. Felt a tad self-conscious, with women leaning out of cell windows shouting lewd comments!

Top Bottom