1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bib tights or shorts that hide your junk

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by double0jedi, 1 Mar 2018.

1. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

I am going to have to carefully think about what to wear when I am in the pool in the morning.
    T.M.H.N.E.T and Afnug like this.
  2. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

We’ll be the judge of that.
    double0jedi likes this.
  3. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Ugh. Wife has hidden all my trunks and jammers, so I had to buy these tiny French things. I won’t bother to describe them, the name says it all...”Zeus”.
    screenman likes this.
  4. Slick

Slick Über Member

You really don't.
  5. Just to be clear, none of my negative remarks were about you. They were directed at hypothetical men - oh, and Milzy too, apparently.

Speaking of Milzy ...
    You probably wouldn't, you know. The more a man has something .... um ... worth "showing off", the less of a need he will have to actually display it.

Aside: this reminds of a moment in a previous career, when I was working at city bank. We weren't client facing, but we had a dress requirement. We also had flexible hours, so when I arrived in kit well before the time I had to be there, a couple of colleagues who had arrived much earlier told me they needed something from me to do their jobs. I didn't want to stop them working, so instead of heading to the shower, I sat at my desk and provided it. Then my team leader came by, and told me I wasn't suitably dressed for the office!

It would have been less annoying, if my team leader - though he obeyed the minimum dress requirements - didn't always look like he'd wrestled a bear on the way to work.
    Last edited: 4 Mar 2018
    Pat "5mph", mjr and double0jedi like this.
  6. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

There is one of my colleagues who always makes fun of how I look in my cycling gear. She also says I look hot when I've dressed smartly and brushed my hair. I think she might have a bit of a thing for me though, she walks home with me and is always asking me to go to lunch with her. It's a bit weird because she is senior to me and has just had an interview for a promotion so could soon be my line manager.
    Milzy and Tin Pot like this.
  7. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Get in there.
  8. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

I did. We're married with a child.
  9. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

Kinky, you should deffo buy her lunch. You may end up been her sex slave.
  10. ADarkDraconis

ADarkDraconis Well-Known Member

Ohio, USA
    I have a friend who has a son that's a fashion designer, and he specializes in swimwear. Teeny. Tiny. Swimwear. He designs other things but when I go to his website I am instantly bombarded with packages (and not from USPS!) I'm like, "Rita, can you tell him to knock it off with the banana hammocks on front page? I just wanna buy a blouse!" :laugh:
  11. I put a lot of this angst down to the (relatively recent) identification of cycling with cycling-sport. Way back in the 70s and 80s my memory is that the only people who wore proper cycling shorts (complete with crunchy chamois) were people who belonged to cycling clubs. These were strange shady organisations and the general perception of them was that you had to be insanely fit and/or have a very expensive bike to belong to one. The rest of us just wore clothes. I generally rode in tracky bottoms from Woolworths, which I knocked around in a lot anyway or shorts from Millets or somewhere like that. I remember once I had a yellow jumper, probably from BHS or somewhere, that we joked about being "the yellow jersey" on one tour.

But now, for good or ill, cycling clubs are much more open affairs and cycling and cyclosport have converged in the public mind and nearly everyone dresses in racing gear. And with that comes the crotch angst and lycra neurosis that fuels this thread.
    Last edited: 5 Mar 2018
    smutchin, ADarkDraconis and swansonj like this.
  12. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

Are you saying naturists aren't normal people.
    smutchin likes this.
  13. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

Where was this Outer Mongolia ?
  14. numbnuts

numbnuts Guru

North Baddesley
    Well I'm quite normal, but I can't vouch for all the rest
  15. Close. West Midlands.
    mjr and theclaud like this.