bib tights or shorts that hide your junk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I wish I had that problem of Linford Christie. I’d be getting bibs to show it off even more if I was the OP.

swansonj

Guru
Compare and contrast the last two posts.

Tin Pot

Guru
There must be no discernible biological sex of, or amongst, the workforce. We must all become non-human automata. It is the only way to preserve our principles, our humanity.

OP
OP
D

double0jedi

Wow! I have to say (even at work) my crotch has never been the point of so much interest! ( ooh err Missus!)

I feel the need to clarify a couple of things. I choose to wear lycra because I find it practical and comfortable when on the bike. I only have a very short walk through the building to where I can shower and change. I would feel that getting off the bike to then put on shorts would be much more of a faff than it would be worth. Also I don't like baggy stuff when I'm riding, I find that the lycra does what it is intended to do when I'm on the bike, but the pros and cons of lycra over normal clothes is a subject for a whole other thread.

I don't think my wearing of cycle shorts or tights has ever made anyone uncomfortable, if it has then it certainly was not my intension to do so. The comments aimed at me have always been from very good work mates, both male and female, and I have always taken them in jest. I haven't said that I was bullied or have I ever felt under pressure from everyone else to cover up. I have never mentioned it to my colleagues because for me to do so would make more of an issue of it for everyone than I feel it needs to be. The comments are not meant with malice and if I were to say anything about it I feel that it would suddenly make everyone feel uncomfortable every time they see me dressed for cycling.

The purpose of my post was because I have a few different pairs of shorts and tights, one of which has a much bigger pad at the front that covers everything. Other sets of attire in my range don't cover things quite so well. I just would rather everything were nicely packed away so that in the event that any comments are made I am confident that my penis isn't semi revelled to the non-cycling community. I'm sure given the choice, regardless of the circumstances, most men would choose not to reveal everything they have to the world.......Well there are a few who do but most of them have an injunction or some kind of court order against them,

Tin Pot

Guru
Wow! I have to say (even at work) my crotch has never been the point of so much interest! ( ooh err Missus!)

I feel the need to clarify a couple of things. I choose to wear lycra because I find it practical and comfortable when on the bike. I only have a very short walk through the building to where I can shower and change. I would feel that getting off the bike to then put on shorts would be much more of a faff than it would be worth. Also I don't like baggy stuff when I'm riding, I find that the lycra does what it is intended to do when I'm on the bike, but the pros and cons of lycra over normal clothes is a subject for a whole other thread.

I don't think my wearing of cycle shorts or tights has ever made anyone uncomfortable, if it has then it certainly was not my intension to do so. The comments aimed at me have always been from very good work mates, both male and female, and I have always taken them in jest. I haven't said that I was bullied or have I ever felt under pressure from everyone else to cover up. I have never mentioned it to my colleagues because for me to do so would make more of an issue of it for everyone than I feel it needs to be. The comments are not meant with malice and if I were to say anything about it I feel that it would suddenly make everyone feel uncomfortable every time they see me dressed for cycling.

The purpose of my post was because I have a few different pairs of shorts and tights, one of which has a much bigger pad at the front that covers everything. Other sets of attire in my range don't cover things quite so well. I just would rather everything were nicely packed away so that in the event that any comments are made I am confident that my penis isn't semi revelled to the non-cycling community. I'm sure given the choice, regardless of the circumstances, most men would choose not to reveal everything they have to the world.......Well there are a few who do but most of them have an injunction or some kind of court order against them,

Yeah, but you like showing off your cock.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Enough men have - uninvited and unwelcome - deliberately shown me their naked and semi-erect penis that I will continue to be thankful to those who don't.

Of course, but this is a thread about cyclists who are going about legitimate everyday business and already wearing shorts which aren't actually particularly revealing anyway. @vickster should be along with an off-topic-new-thread recommendation soon.....

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I am going to have to carefully think about what to wear when I am in the pool in the morning.

Tin Pot

Guru
I am going to have to carefully think about what to wear when I am in the pool in the morning.

Ugh. Wife has hidden all my trunks and jammers, so I had to buy these tiny French things. I won’t bother to describe them, the name says it all...”Zeus”.

Just to be clear, none of my negative remarks were about you. They were directed at hypothetical men - oh, and Milzy too, apparently.

Speaking of Milzy ...
I wish I had that problem of Linford Christie. I’d be getting bibs to show it off even more if I was the OP.
You probably wouldn't, you know. The more a man has something .... um ... worth "showing off", the less of a need he will have to actually display it.

DAMHIKT.

--------

Aside: this reminds of a moment in a previous career, when I was working at city bank. We weren't client facing, but we had a dress requirement. We also had flexible hours, so when I arrived in kit well before the time I had to be there, a couple of colleagues who had arrived much earlier told me they needed something from me to do their jobs. I didn't want to stop them working, so instead of heading to the shower, I sat at my desk and provided it. Then my team leader came by, and told me I wasn't suitably dressed for the office!

It would have been less annoying, if my team leader - though he obeyed the minimum dress requirements - didn't always look like he'd wrestled a bear on the way to work.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
There is one of my colleagues who always makes fun of how I look in my cycling gear. She also says I look hot when I've dressed smartly and brushed my hair. I think she might have a bit of a thing for me though, she walks home with me and is always asking me to go to lunch with her. It's a bit weird because she is senior to me and has just had an interview for a promotion so could soon be my line manager.

Tin Pot

Guru
There is one of my colleagues who always makes fun of how I look in my cycling gear. She also says I look hot when I've dressed smartly and brushed my hair. I think she might have a bit of a thing for me though, she walks home with me and is always asking me to go to lunch with her. It's a bit weird because she is senior to me and has just had an interview for a promotion so could soon be my line manager.
Get in there.

Top Bottom