Bicycle Rides - Aboard the Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

Autumn frosts - I had intended a more picturesque scene this morning, and had pegged out a nice place to take an autumnal shot with mists, frosts and pastoral scenery. I arrived at the spot, which was on a public footpath that overlooked a pretty stretch of lane, and on a little rise of ground set up my tripod, pleased to find that the scene through the lens looked just as I'd hoped it would. It was then I heard them - the cows, about a dozen of them, charging towards me, bellowing as they came. There was nothing idly curious about their demeanour - they were really, really aggressive. I snatched up my tripod and camera and just made it over the stile when they crashed into it behind me. And so with my target heart rate achieved for the morning, I took this rather more anodyne shot a little further down the road...

Last edited:

footloose crow

Über Member
Hoopdriver those images are amazing. You put a lot of time and effort into them.

It made me search my image files but nothing compared to yours.

However for what it's worth, this is Saratosa in Florida on a cycling trip we did over New Year when the Gulf of Mexico is still warm enough to swim in.

There is a theme here.

This is the Ile D'Oleron in the Charente Maritime. A stage of the TdF goes though here in 2020. We were here in late September. It was 35c and we stopped for a swim.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
Hoopdriver those images are amazing. You put a lot of time and effort into them.

It made me search my image files but nothing compared to yours.

However for what it's worth, this is Saratosa in Florida on a cycling trip we did over New Year when the Gulf of Mexico is still warm enough to swim in.

View attachment 491696

There is a theme here.

This is the Ile D'Oleron in the Charente Maritime. A stage of the TdF goes though here in 2020. We were here in late September. It was 35c and we stopped for a swim.

View attachment 491697
Thank you for your kind words.
How lovely to combine the jaunty freedom of a bicycle ride with a fresh swim in the sea - hard to improve on that!

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
Lovely photo. I am also a big Hopper fan. The lighting is terrific, keep them coming!
Thank you! I love Hopper's paintings - the mood, atmosphere, lighting. I guess I m a bit of a frustrated artist. I'd love to be able to paint, but my talents lie elsewhere and I have to make do with my camera.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

A touch of art deco on this morning's ride along the seafront at St Leonards-on-Sea. The Marine Court building was built in 1938 and designed to resemble the then new luxury liner Queen Mary

Top Bottom