Bicycle Rides - Aboard the Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

A colourful end to a thirty-mile ride by starlight, with a stroll on the shimmering low-tide sands at Bexhill-on-Sea just before sunrise.

RMFrance

8107A05354_0.jpg

Less about image quality & composition than the event at which it was shot, that's me about to complete L'Eroica Gaiole 2018 after slogging around the hills of Tuscany. The bike ? My 1975 Gitane Super Olympic.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

In Darkest Sussex...

Just been looking it up. Sounds really interesting. I’m surprised I’d not heard of it before
I understand from someone who shows such things publicly that there is a problem with rights. But after seeing it decades ago in Italy I got it from my local library with 2 separate versions on the discs (can't remember the difference - possibly one english soundtrack, possibly the other Italian) - apart from its undoubted scariness, a convincing case has been made for certain psychological and political depths. (and there's a story behind where that late bar is set).

edit - here you are:

back to your excellent (and less scary/disturbed/twisted) pics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
By the by, I reckon your pics make you worthy of an OBE at least for saving the selfie from the pits of self obsessed nothingness.
Thank you. I'm not a fan of selfies either. Although I am by necessity the cyclist in the frame, I try to anonymise myself as much as possible - to make the images about A Cyclist in the landscape rather than about me as an individual.

Top Bottom